• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did you watch the video I posted?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you watch the video I posted?
You posted a focaccia video? The bread turned out OK. It isn't very foccacia-like, a bit too dense. Flavor is good. Going to try again next week, I suppose.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Society is breaking down. We are clearly on the precipice of very precipice things happening.

This reminds me of when I was at college. There were 3 rooms with keypad locks. You entered a code, and the door would unlock for a few seconds. The challenge was to unlock all 3, then run back to the first one and open the door before it locked again.

Boredom is a hell of a drug.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I decided to check out Costco today on my way to the grocery store. It was surprisingly dead. No wait for a self checkout.

They have a fort built out of shopping carts around the entrance to restrict access, and a makeshift line around the store set up with caution tape and shopping carts to enforce social distancing.

However I'm pissed they switched to carrying Morton's Kosher Salt instead of Diamond Crystal. I can't find it anywhere now, and I'm running low. (First world pandemic problems.)

Twins

Reaction score
Some kind of peaky blinders style...

fb5d261cf47b.jpg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Instead of going to the super crowded barber shop I usually go to, I am now in a spacious boutique salon. With a nice lady talking to me about cooking.
And the cut was good.

Much success!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Another miserable day yesterday! I had breakfast and then jumped back into bed. The aches are the worst part of this. It seems/feels like every part of my body is affected. It's a constant feeling of stiff joints coupled with aches and pains.

I started watching some Netflix and then made a sandwich for dinner at around 4. I went back to watching Netflix and fell asleep and woke up and really thought it was 4-5-6am. When I looked at the clock, it was 12:49am.

Today is starting out with a dry mouth and the same aches and pains. Yesterday, I had a slight runny nose, but that has stopped. The chills were there yesterday, but not as much as previous days.

A friend called yesterday to say wassup. He didn't know I was feeling like ****. When I told him, he asked if I needed anything. I actually didn't. It goes to show what type of person he is because if I told him I did, he would have gone out and got it and brought it over.

My plan today is to OD on water and stay in bed. I only brush my teeth in the AM....no shower. More rest.

Still not panicking.

Edit...I could have used some soup, but I was not gonna ask my friend to go out, get some and bring it here.

Update:

Ok....the 24 hour constant aches and pains that wore me down since Friday took a bit of a break yesterday. A BIT! My body is still beat down, but it was a little easier to get through the day.

The joints in my hands are still stiff. My back is stiff. I started to feel some stiffness in my jaw yesterday.

I still have zero sense of smell. I just used some hand sanitizer. Zip. Can't smell anything. My nose isn't stuffed or runny. I just have no sense of smell.

Taste? I haven't eaten anything yet this morning. That was not an issue yesterday.

When I take deep breaths, there doesn't seem to be an issue...thank God!

Last night, my toes felt almost as if they were on fire/freezing. It may sound funny, but it was a combination. I got paranoid and thought of frost bite(not possible) but when I removed my socks, they looked fine.

I spent the day in bed watching Youtube(loads of interrogation videos), Netflix(flipping between High Seas and The Valhalla Murders), listening to audiobooks and dozing off for an hour+ here and there. No dinner last night. I only had that turkey/cheddar sandwich yesterday.

I rcd a call from a friend yesterday. She also didn't know I was going through this. After I told her, she let me know that a gentleman that I have been in contact with has been sick with the "flu" for the last 3 weeks.

Today....I think I will either shower or at the very minimum wash myself off. I will also put on fresh underclothes/socks. I will keep wearing my sweatpants/hoodie that I have had on since Fri/Sat.

A few points:

1. People hoarding toilet paper. I guess they heard the "flu" and thought diarrhea. I have used the toilet LESS in the last 5-6 days. No case of diarrhea.

2. Whatever this is is no joke. It's not a cold and it's not allergies.

3. I happen to see this story yesterday and felt that many of those symptoms mirrored what I have experienced. I am NOT saying that I have it, I am just giving you my take on what I have been going through. Again, this has not been fun:

Edit....I have also been having these mini headaches. They come and go. Nothing crazy, but I notice.

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is a 12-15% chance I had covid-19 from February 23-30. It came in a couple of different waves, and I thought at the time I actually go sick from 2 different illnesses. I only had one night of violent shivering, on day 4, which was odd.

In short, like everyone else I have either had it or haven't. It doesn't matter, but it kind of does.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I decided to check out Costco today on my way to the grocery store. It was surprisingly dead. No wait for a self checkout.

They have a fort built out of shopping carts around the entrance to restrict access, and a makeshift line around the store set up with caution tape and shopping carts to enforce social distancing.

However I'm pissed they switched to carrying Morton's Kosher Salt instead of Diamond Crystal. I can't find it anywhere now, and I'm running low. (First world pandemic problems.)

I went to Costco and Sam's Club this week. Both were pretty dead, but Sam's customers definitely were more respectful of personal space. Costco was the usual self-absorbed entitled assholes. As an example, I went to grab some bread which is in a corner, and a woman just comes up and blocks me in so she can get what she wanted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads