• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Another miserable day at home yesterday.

I was up at 5-ish feeling ok. Had some veggie soup for breakfast and just basically spent the rest of the day in bed.

At around 9am, I started to experience chills. My toes felt as if there were dipped in ice water(well, maybe not ice water.) The aches and pains were and have been constant. My joints. My back. My legs. My fingers.

Early afternoon, I felt a little warm. I don't have a thermometer at home but I could tell that I was warm. I must have fallen asleep because I woke back up at appr 7pm and now had a bit of a stuffy nose. It's not a big deal right now, compared to yesterday.

Still no issues breathing. Still no consistent fever. The dry cough that I was experiencing over the last few days was there yesterday, but I don't remember it being as prevalent.

My plan for today is the same as yesterday. I will basically stay in bed. I may stand out front for a few minutes to get some fresh air mid day...or whenever I have the energy. Or maybe not.

Whatever this is, it comes/goes in waves. At times during the day, the aches are not as bad. At night, they get to me.

I still don't feel the need to go to the hospital/doctor/get tested. I know that they will basically say to stay home and push through it unless I was showing major symptoms.

Edit.....My mouth feels a little dry this morning.

Update:

Another miserable day yesterday! I had breakfast and then jumped back into bed. The aches are the worst part of this. It seems/feels like every part of my body is affected. It's a constant feeling of stiff joints coupled with aches and pains.

I started watching some Netflix and then made a sandwich for dinner at around 4. I went back to watching Netflix and fell asleep and woke up and really thought it was 4-5-6am. When I looked at the clock, it was 12:49am.

Today is starting out with a dry mouth and the same aches and pains. Yesterday, I had a slight runny nose, but that has stopped. The chills were there yesterday, but not as much as previous days.

A friend called yesterday to say wassup. He didn't know I was feeling like ****. When I told him, he asked if I needed anything. I actually didn't. It goes to show what type of person he is because if I told him I did, he would have gone out and got it and brought it over.

My plan today is to OD on water and stay in bed. I only brush my teeth in the AM....no shower. More rest.

Still not panicking.

Edit...I could have used some soup, but I was not gonna ask my friend to go out, get some and bring it here.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Another miserable day yesterday! I had breakfast and then jumped back into bed. The aches are the worst part of this. It seems/feels like every part of my body is affected. It's a constant feeling of stiff joints coupled with aches and pains.

I started watching some Netflix and then made a sandwich for dinner at around 4. I went back to watching Netflix and fell asleep and woke up and really thought it was 4-5-6am. When I looked at the clock, it was 12:49am.

Today is starting out with a dry mouth and the same aches and pains. Yesterday, I had a slight runny nose, but that has stopped. The chills were there yesterday, but not as much as previous days.

A friend called yesterday to say wassup. He didn't know I was feeling like ****. When I told him, he asked if I needed anything. I actually didn't. It goes to show what type of person he is because if I told him I did, he would have gone out and got it and brought it over.

My plan today is to OD on water and stay in bed. I only brush my teeth in the AM....no shower. More rest.

Still not panicking.

Edit...I could have used some soup, but I was not gonna ask my friend to go out, get some and bring it here.
How'd the sandwich taste?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How'd the sandwich taste?

It was turkey/cheddar on a hero. It was fine.

You know what.....that taste/smell symptom? By you just mentioning it(not sure if it was for that reason), I just wiped my hands with hand sanitizer and can't smell it. At all! I just wiped some more. Nothing.

I have a 1/2 bag of Doritos with some onion garlic chips thrown in. I just opened the bag. Can't smell it.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You know what.....that taste/smell symptom? By you just mentioning it(not sure if it was for that reason), I just wiped my hands with hand sanitizer and can't smell it. At all! I just wiped some more. Nothing.

I have a 1/2 bag of Doritos with some onion garlic chips thrown in. I just opened the bag. Can't smell it.

Beware the placebo effect, hopefully.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

Shot of Absynthe?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shot of Absynthe?

Wish I had some.

I am laying off of booze until I feel that this is behind me. The chills + aches and pains isn't worth having longer than I need to. I have been miserable at times.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Just saying, if you downed a shot of Absynthe, and didn't taste/feel it?
Get tested immediately. That stuff should be the insta-test.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok. I just made another turkey sandwich. I can def taste it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NVM just saw your last post. Turns out you're a lousy chef.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
What? I was distracted by the newslady.
DSC_0846.JPG

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads