• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Landscaping is an "essential business" where I am.

:eh: Damn.

We always text our yard guy and set up a time, though. It’s not a regular thing. This was definitely a burro-style hit and run.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The stay-in-home order here is a joke, as it seems to be most places. The "essential business" declaration has so many loopholes.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone else thought about buying civilian gas masks? Is this the next step beyond N95 and surgical masks?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else thought about buying civilian gas masks? Is this the next step beyond N95 and surgical masks?

I’ve got my mask.

B66936BD-CF85-4EA9-8FBF-B2D9B06234D7.jpeg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There was a doctor on CNN wearing a painter’s mask. (Rubber that covers the mouth and nose, two medium-sized circle thingies on the sides). Not as goofy as a full-on WW2 mask.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to get the Bane mask for protection. It'll work great with my bald head.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Man....the aches and pains have been getting to me.

During the day, they basically go away. At night, the same things have been happening: stiff joints/unable to make a fist/back, elbows and legs are very stiff/slight headache.

Both Sat and Sunday, I had a dry cough. It's only 5:55am right now and I haven't coughed all morning. I stayed in all day yesterday, except when I walked around for appr 10 min to get some air.

No fever. No trouble breathing....I have been taking deep breaths to confirm that I am not struggling.

This is very strange to me. I have never gone through anything like this. The good thing is that since I have no fever/trouble breathing, I feel ok/no need to panic.

Update:

Another miserable day at home yesterday.

I was up at 5-ish feeling ok. Had some veggie soup for breakfast and just basically spent the rest of the day in bed.

At around 9am, I started to experience chills. My toes felt as if there were dipped in ice water(well, maybe not ice water.) The aches and pains were and have been constant. My joints. My back. My legs. My fingers.

Early afternoon, I felt a little warm. I don't have a thermometer at home but I could tell that I was warm. I must have fallen asleep because I woke back up at appr 7pm and now had a bit of a stuffy nose. It's not a big deal right now, compared to yesterday.

Still no issues breathing. Still no consistent fever. The dry cough that I was experiencing over the last few days was there yesterday, but I don't remember it being as prevalent.

My plan for today is the same as yesterday. I will basically stay in bed. I may stand out front for a few minutes to get some fresh air mid day...or whenever I have the energy. Or maybe not.

Whatever this is, it comes/goes in waves. At times during the day, the aches are not as bad. At night, they get to me.

I still don't feel the need to go to the hospital/doctor/get tested. I know that they will basically say to stay home and push through it unless I was showing major symptoms.

Edit.....My mouth feels a little dry this morning.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Another miserable day at home yesterday.

I was up at 5-ish feeling ok. Had some veggie soup for breakfast and just basically spent the rest of the day in bed.

At around 9am, I started to experience chills. My toes felt as if there were dipped in ice water(well, maybe not ice water.) The aches and pains were and have been constant. My joints. My back. My legs. My fingers.

Early afternoon, I felt a little warm. I don't have a thermometer at home but I could tell that I was warm. I must have fallen asleep because I woke back up at appr 7pm and now had a bit of a stuffy nose. It's not a big deal right now, compared to yesterday.

Still no issues breathing. Still no consistent fever. The dry cough that I was experiencing over the last few days was there yesterday, but I don't remember it being as prevalent.

My plan for today is the same as yesterday. I will basically stay in bed. I may stand out front for a few minutes to get some fresh air mid day...or whenever I have the energy. Or maybe not.

Whatever this is, it comes/goes in waves. At times during the day, the aches are not as bad. At night, they get to me.

I still don't feel the need to go to the hospital/doctor/get tested. I know that they will basically say to stay home and push through it unless I was showing major symptoms.

Edit.....My mouth feels a little dry this morning.
I think you legit just have the flu. When did you travel last and to where? Can you still taste and smell things?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I think you legit just have the flu. When did you travel last and to where? Can you still taste and smell things?
+1

Last month I had a Flu that beat me around, and had me out of action for a week. with Temps over 39.c for 3 days in a row. it was rough. Wondered at the time if if was the Virus.
@ter1413 should pull through.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever had the flu, at least in my adult life. I’d be convinced I already had this thing considering I had a low level cold for a few weeks, but nobody around me has gotten sick.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever had the flu, at least in my adult life. I’d be convinced I already had this thing considering I had a low level cold for a few weeks, but nobody around me has gotten sick.
I had it in November first time as an adult. Had it a few times as a kid. I do wonder what if at all that has inoculated me

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had the flu once as a kid. ****, was it bad. Legit started having hallucinations my fever was so high. There was an Indian dancing on my bed and I talked to the Queen of England at one point.

it’s awful. Be safe ter

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics