• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Social distancing cranked up to 11!

14699A9D-1F3A-4593-A103-BCFE901BA4B7.jpeg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Rough night. I had some chili and rice and then jumped into bed so that I could get some rest/sleep. I watched a movie on Netflix and some vids on Youtube and then fell out.

I noticed that during the day/night, I could not make a fist with either hand. My fingers would stiffen up when I got close to the full clench. Not my fingers, the joints. They do feel better this morning. Same with my elbows. Stiff joints.

Also, my back was very stiff last night. A painful night sleeping. Maybe "painful" isn't the correct word. Very uncomfortable. I still feel that a bit.

I felt myself getting a little warm last night, but that passed. I don't have that feeling this morning.

I woke up at around 2:30am and felt that I had a very dry mouth.

One way that I have always known that I am sick is if I close my eyes and look up. If I feel that "nausea", I know. I felt a little of that last night. Not as much this morning.

Still no major "flu" like symptoms other than a infrequent dry cough. No runny nose. No fever. No difficulty breathing.

Yesterday, a friend suggested that I go to the hospital. I am not ready for that. I feel that I can ride this out...unless whatever it is gets bad. I will look to drink a lot of water today and rest some more.

Update:

Man....the aches and pains have been getting to me.

During the day, they basically go away. At night, the same things have been happening: stiff joints/unable to make a fist/back, elbows and legs are very stiff/slight headache.

Both Sat and Sunday, I had a dry cough. It's only 5:55am right now and I haven't coughed all morning. I stayed in all day yesterday, except when I walked around for appr 10 min to get some air.

No fever. No trouble breathing....I have been taking deep breaths to confirm that I am not struggling.

This is very strange to me. I have never gone through anything like this. The good thing is that since I have no fever/trouble breathing, I feel ok/no need to panic.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Today, I finished restoring a bike I rescued from a junk pile.
DSC_0752.JPG
DSC_0754.JPG
Then rode it to the neighbourhood bar.
And gave it to the son of the couple who own it. As a starting high school gift.
I've known them for years. And when we had an earthquake blackout, they kept the community together.
So now I'm social distancing, as the only guy at the Bar.
DSC_0765.JPG
Poor man's watch flex.
DSC_0763.JPG
Boutique Sake.
DSC_0768.JPG
Tempura Bamboo shoots, and eggplant. With rock salt. Kirin Beer, and Sake.

It also feels good help small businesses. And be a part of the community.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did some more volunteer work today. There were two nurses there (granted from one of our children's hospitals) who didn't really practice much social distancing. Meaning im sure i got it now.

At the same time sometimes its like when everyone is walking around i don't know how far away three feet really is and if im not exactly in the aerosolization vector am i ok etc

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did some more volunteer work today. There were two nurses there (granted from one of our children's hospitals) who didn't really practice much social distancing. Meaning im sure i got it now.

At the same time sometimes its like when everyone is walking around i don't know how far away three feet really is and if im not exactly in the aerosolization vector am i ok etc

Your parole officer should be able to teach you.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sexy parole officer is my go-to Halloween costume.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flocks of geese are taking over the streets now that there are fewer cars to keep them in check.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring break, day 24.

Despite a strict stay at home order, both the yard and the hot tub guys show up. They don’t ring the doorbell, but launch swiftly into their tasks. As I recoil in fear, I’m reminded of that New Mexico trip so long ago, the one where children with burros would appear suddenly by your side, and their papá would materialize just as fast, clutching his Polaroid and demanding the dinero...

I retreat to the bathroom and wait.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flocks of geese are taking over the streets now that there are fewer cars to keep them in check.

Send those hosers back to Canada, eh...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring break, day 24.

Despite a strict stay at home order, both the yard and the hot tub guys show up. They don’t ring the doorbell, but launch swiftly into their tasks. As I recoil in fear, I’m reminded of that New Mexico trip so long ago, the one where children with burros would appear suddenly by your side, and their papá would materialize just as fast, clutching his Polaroid and demanding the dinero...

I retreat to the bathroom and wait.
Landscaping is an "essential business" where I am.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads