• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a pressure cooker with pretensions.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It’s just a pressure cooker?

You're supposed to be able to sautee and stuff and then I guess they have all these accessories you can buy to do various things, like poach eggs. It's a cult and the inventor is ******* Jim Jones.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're supposed to be able to sautee and stuff and then I guess they have all these accessories you can buy to do various things, like poach eggs. It's a cult and the inventor is ******* Jim Jones.
America loves slavish devotion to the most mundane of things. Soulcycle, Crossfit, Instapots, Vitamix, wheatgrass, keto. I'm no sociologist or psychologist, but I would recommend that America get it's collective head examined.

It works best as a pressure cooker. We make a decent carnitas with it. It also makes great stews. It can, in a pinch be used to brown things before being cooked, but frankly, it's easier to brown things in a cast iron before throwing them into the instapot, on which the browing heat is not particularly high.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instapot is terrible for rice, or at least the one I bought 5 years ago is. Maybe they improved it. I use mine to stew oxtail, make chicken pho, and things of that nature.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is about as believable as that time when I was seven and burglars stole into our house and planted candy wrappers under my bed because, you know, they were out to get me. I dunno why mom. If I knew, I'd tell you.

I don't know exactly what gave away the game, but I think that it was maybe somewhere around the time she called people "Democratic pigs".

Also, as someone with an actual disability that precludes me from some fairly mundane activities, like driving, and having worked with disabled people since my 20s, I find this **** highly disrespectful. Some people have issues just doing daily household tasks or just getting to the toilet, and you make some **** up putting yourself in the same category- because you feel that wearing a mask for half an hour is a burden and/or an infringement on your liberties? GTFO Karen.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what someone is getting for the Styleforum Secret Santa.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads