• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we have like 3 different salts in the cupboard, they're def noticeably different

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^

Agree.

I started using this appr 10 years ago. Very good stuff!

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJtZXJjYXRvLWltYWdlcyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJmaXQiOiJpbnNpZGUiLCJ3aWR0aCI6NzAwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjQ2N319LCJrZXkiOiJwcm9kdWN0LWltYWdlcy92b2xHcldaMUduNGdRWUNMQnhnaFFkREJVRG5tODk5RnFzS0pBY1JyLmpwZyJ9

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
“My salt with herbs and garlic is noticeably different from my salt.”

Ummm, yeah?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw coarse salts are differently salty whether you cook with it or use it at the table. i'm not sure how that works tbh.

also: got briefly confused by the responses from ter and atlas (because of the crazy hair lol)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Different salts taste differently salty works just like magnets.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who the **** cares what brand of salt they buy? Is Diamond Crystal saltier? Do you throw out your salt when it reaches its “sell by” date?

I do.

No, it's the opposite. It's less salty by volume.*

No.

(* Got that backwards in my head)

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many of you who follow the home ownership thread may be familiar with my complaints about my landlord. Well, thanks to some socially distant conversations with my neighbors, I have learned that she is as much of a ************* as we thought she was. (Well, not in so many words. It's that southern decorum.)

And apparently at one point there was a bad enough leak that the upstairs bathroom collapsed through the floor.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring break, day 27:

My days are increasingly similar. I worry about the last breath-y conversation I had with someone who wasn’t my wife, an Amazon delivery woman who insisted I show her my ID. I figure that was two or three days ago. I consult my doorbell cam — it was eight.

Time moves on. Or does it?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spring break, day 27:

My days are increasingly similar. I worry about the last breath-y conversation I had with someone who wasn’t my wife, an Amazon delivery woman who insisted I show her my ID. I figure that was two or three days ago. I consult my doorbell cam — it was eight.

Time moves on. Or does it?
?

(There's no reaction for this, or I'd use it.)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update .5:

I have to just provide some more info because if I wait until tomorrow, I will forget.

I tried to force a dump this morning. I have been letting out gas here and there and figured that before I wash up, it might be helpful. I could not even slightly strain to do that. Just too painful....the aches and pains....not the dump. Something did come out, but nothing major.

I sucked it up and washed myself off this morning. What a struggle! It took appr 30 min. Everything that I did was in slow motion. I do feel better because I know that I won't be doing that for at least 3-4 more days. Fresh T and boxers. Same sweats and hoodie. I need a cut/shave but I won't stress that until I am all good.

When I came out, I was ready to put some socks on and looked at the pair on my bed. Hmm? I unrolled them and started to put one on and thought...are these actually clean? I smelled them. Nada. But I did notice that they looked worn. I remembered at that point that I had no sense of smell so I needed to get a fresh pair. So strange.

I had another turkey/cheddar hero. I have no energy to cook anything so I microwave the turkey/cheese for 40 seconds and put it onto the bread with mustard and a little hot sauce. I had a can of black cherry soda and I could taste both the sandwich and soda. My appetite is lost.

Then the chills started. The tips of my fingers felt as if they were dipped in ice water. After I finished eating, I grabbed my comforter and sat on my sofa to surf the web and the chills were getting to me. My ears are somewhat ringing. My fingers have since gotten better. The chills have gone away a bit. The ringing in my ears is still there.

I would have forgotten most of that by the morning.

Plans for today? Same. Bed. Netflix(maybe Molly's Game) and Youtube.

Update:

It's Friday morning. This..whatever...started exactly a week ago.

The dry cough is back with a vengeance this morning. Luckily, when I take a deep breath. I don't hear/feel any issues in my lungs. The aches and pains seem to be gradually moving on. Thank goodness.

That doesn't mean that I feel better. I am still very sluggish. Certain joints are still affected(still have trouble making a fist in the evening.) No appetite. Bit of a headache. Tips of my toes are twinkling.

I was in bed at 6:45 yesterday. I tried to watch something and just couldn't. I ended up listening to some of this audiobook:

51-i-WyiGRL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's on Youtube and I actually own the book. I have also listened to it several times over the years.

No dinner.

I just had an egg/cheese/tomato sandwich and I feel that might be my only meal today.

Someone in the tv series thread mentioned this:

0*5wxpHTX6nc4U3g9q.jpg

It has been in my queue for a while and I will give it a shot today.

Oh, I woke up in the middle of the night to take a piss and I was a bit sweaty....yet I was not warm at all. Who knows what is going ok.

Absolutely no plans today except staying in bed. I have all this booze that is calling out at me but I don't want to start drinking.

Maybe I should not say this but I do feel that the worst has passed. Last Sat-Tues was brutal. Since the aches and pains have diminished, I feel positive. The cough worries me.

We shall see!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

It's Friday morning. This..whatever...started exactly a week ago.

The dry cough is back with a vengeance this morning. Luckily, when I take a deep breath. I don't hear/feel any issues in my lungs. The aches and pains seem to be gradually moving on. Thank goodness.

That doesn't mean that I feel better. I am still very sluggish. Certain joints are still affected(still have trouble making a fist in the evening.) No appetite. Bit of a headache. Tips of my toes are twinkling.

I was in bed at 6:45 yesterday. I tried to watch something and just couldn't. I ended up listening to some of this audiobook:

51-i-WyiGRL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's on Youtube and I actually own the book. I have also listened to it several times over the years.

No dinner.

I just had an egg/cheese/tomato sandwich and I feel that might be my only meal today.

Someone in the tv series thread mentioned this:

0*5wxpHTX6nc4U3g9q.jpg

It has been in my queue for a while and I will give it a shot today.

Oh, I woke up in the middle of the night to take a piss and I was a bit sweaty....yet I was not warm at all. Who knows what is going ok.

Absolutely no plans today except staying in bed. I have all this booze that is calling out at me but I don't want to start drinking.

Maybe I should not say this but I do feel that the worst has passed. Last Sat-Tues was brutal. Since the aches and pains have diminished, I feel positive. The cough worries me.

We shall see!

Update .5:

I now have a slight fever, chills and that dry cough is still hanging around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads