• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but think about what I've said here for years. The flu shot? Nurses have the lowest vaccine rate per labour line item. We track this relentlessly, offer multiple free flu shot clinics, education on it, etc. but a very material percent of NURSES don't seem to grab vaccine science and believe the ingredient list includes "autism" and "microdots." I shit you not.
It baffles my mind when I see nurses out on a smoke break. I wonder what the rate is of smoking among nurses vs. the genpop.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, but think about what I've said here for years. The flu shot? Nurses have the lowest vaccine rate per labour line item. We track this relentlessly, offer multiple free flu shot clinics, education on it, etc. but a very material percent of NURSES don't seem to grab vaccine science and believe the ingredient list includes "autism" and "microdots." I shit you not.
My mother was an RN for 35years. Same hospital in Brooklyn, NY. Never had a flu shot and never suggested it for the 4 of us(her children.) She said that many of her friends/colleagues were the same.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recall a group text from work about avoiding aspirin, YMMV.

I'll add that avoiding such threads here has eased my mind some as well...out of sight, out of mind ;\

I hope you feel better man.

Thanks man!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

I have been in most of the day except when I went outside for some air at around 2. That was appr 5 min.

I feel some chills and now have the slightest of coughs. Nothing major...though I have read that some have that symptom. I also understand that a fever is a symptom.......and I don't have one right now.

I do plan to get as much rest as possible tonight. I have dinner for tonight and tomorrow, water, aspirin, juice and beer....plus loads of toilet paper.

I am never one to panic and am not now. I am laying around in sweats watching Youtube/Netflix.

Update:

Rough night. I had some chili and rice and then jumped into bed so that I could get some rest/sleep. I watched a movie on Netflix and some vids on Youtube and then fell out.

I noticed that during the day/night, I could not make a fist with either hand. My fingers would stiffen up when I got close to the full clench. Not my fingers, the joints. They do feel better this morning. Same with my elbows. Stiff joints.

Also, my back was very stiff last night. A painful night sleeping. Maybe "painful" isn't the correct word. Very uncomfortable. I still feel that a bit.

I felt myself getting a little warm last night, but that passed. I don't have that feeling this morning.

I woke up at around 2:30am and felt that I had a very dry mouth.

One way that I have always known that I am sick is if I close my eyes and look up. If I feel that "nausea", I know. I felt a little of that last night. Not as much this morning.

Still no major "flu" like symptoms other than a infrequent dry cough. No runny nose. No fever. No difficulty breathing.

Yesterday, a friend suggested that I go to the hospital. I am not ready for that. I feel that I can ride this out...unless whatever it is gets bad. I will look to drink a lot of water today and rest some more.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Playing this game called "Outer Worlds". And just realized all the Characters in this room are lesbians.
-for real. the dialog just had me ask an old lady to "Show me what she's got".

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Re: smoking and healthcare professionals. The joke is always if you want to find the RT look for him/her in the smoking area.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like shatter. Im really jonesing for some gummies
It’s gummies. I don’t fuck with shatter. I don’t like being in a coma, I’ll do other things to put me on the moon. A joint plus caffeine works like adderall for me.

The joints and gummies are from a gal I use to date. She lives in my same neighborhood about a mile away. Resides in a lovely old Victorian mansion and grows weed in the basement. She makes joints and gummies to give to her parents and their friends. I dropped off to prebatched cocktails.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This is all just second hand information and/or opinion.

Edibles are not to be trusted. Eat half a gummy ring and feel nothing. Next day eat the other half and you get the top of your head ripped off.

Budder > other concentrates. Can put just a rice sized piece in a bowl with a nug or a little in a J vs. using keef. Moderation is the key as it will couch lock you if not careful.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god bless her, wifey makes me flower edibles. individually dosed!

but i only do that once in awhile (i can't afford to dance with mr brownstone), otherwise yes coffee+bong = focus.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.