• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Skiing / Snowboarding / Playing in the Snow Thread

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, I'd guess telluride is a little insulated from the COVID effect because of how isolated it is. We talked about it a year or two ago when we were thinking about destinations, but I don't think we could make it work with the limited air travel options and such a small population (and limited medical facilities as the next few years will likely include a kid).

The WFH-exodus crowd are flocking to places like Bozeman because they can save money and be close to socially distanced outdoor recreation but can still shop at Costco and Home Depot and know that there will be daily flight options back to their office when this is over.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
  • Angry
Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm--I just got the college ski club pricing on an Ikon pass which is a little better than the normal college discount...

I think I might just do it and hope things work out?
Can roll it into the next year if not...and even if I end up in Montana, I'd probably be able to make some use out of it--get down to check out Big Sky (6-hour drive), visit people at other resorts, etc.
Bummer that Fernie is on Epic though--that's under 2 hours from Whitefish and I am sure is great for some powder-day trips.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I let my season pass renew. Covid and a dry winter predicted it can only surpass my expectations.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The REI by me had a bunch of Hestra gloves in their garage sale area with "sun damage". Next to the new ones, the leather was a bit yellowed.

Picked up a pair of Army Leather Heli 3-finger gloves.

Discount was big enough to take a gamble that the sun damage wasn't anything more than superficial fading (the fabric portions felt OK to me). I was a little in between sizes--length on the 10 felt better but they had a little extra room inside while the 9 felt best in width. Went with the 10 since I absolutely hate too-short gloves.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C5C8C14E-4911-45E6-9D03-A719DFAC61E4.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The resort that is soon-to-be-formerly-known-as ***** Valley just announced an 11/25 opening date.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squally World

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whalp

Sorry :( Are you planning to instruct at all this season?

On my end, my wife and I rented a place in Duluth for the first half of february with another couple. Plan is to quarantine/test and then head there to work remotely for a bit.

Gonna buy an Indy Pass which gives us 2 days at Lutsen, which is a reasonably legit ski area in northern MN. It is day-trippable from Duluth and is doing reservations with limited capacity. Plan those out on 2 random weekdays and take off work.
1607641976800.png

Also gives 2 days at Spirit, which is a pretty decent hill in Duluth itself--can use those plus buy cheap $35 evening tickets to night-ski after work. Should be less crowded than usual if most of the college students aren't back in town.

So hey, at least I'll get 4 days and a few nights of decent size-skiing, plus probably do some snoeshowing/fatbiking/nordic and see some cool icy lake superior landscapes. Hoping the ice caves by the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore form and are stable enough to visit this year.

Plan B was something similar in WI which would have maybe allowed for more skiing and been a bit cheaper, but they are like the wild west as far as COVID rules, so MN seemed like a better choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics