• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWV

Reaction score
I would say if the price is similar to M' d Or then it might be the same stuff. Even the cheaper Saphir stuff should be decent I would imagine.
They are like 8USD, so cheaper

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked my Kudu shoes, by Dr Marten's so much that I splashed out on a pair of Tricker's Kudu Sign Boughtons. Absolutely the top of my budget at £400. Quite difficult to source. Tricke's ran out of stock after I had ordered them and I managed to track down a pair of 8.5 at the Whitby Cobblers, on the other side of the country. They delivered promptly and I am very pleased that I have bought the shoes. The word 'sign' for some reason is the name of the colour of the shoes.

These are lighter in weight than my other Boughtons (Kudu is, I think, a lighter leather). Still very stout shoes but comfortable since the time I put them on this morning. They will need an insole as I seem to drop between two sizes in Tricker shoes. Beautiful leather and construction. They are a little darker than I had hoped - a dark brown with burgundy highlights but I know they will develop a burnished look if I leave them alone and only use a damp cloth to wipe them down. And use no polish of any sort. The natural 'patchiness' of the leather is lovely. The Kudu used is certainly a step up from the Dr Marten ones - but that is to be expected. Great shoes and highly recommended. With all good wishes, Munky.

vim147

Reaction score
Am looking to build up a collection of Saphir products but dont want to buy everything in the same go.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Strands in Tan and a pair of black oxfords.

Get i get away with just starting off with Saphir Pommadier polish & Saphir Medaille D'or Pate de Luxe wax in neutral colour rather than buying colour specific ?

CWV

Reaction score
J
Am looking to build up a collection of Saphir products but dont want to buy everything in the same go.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Strands in Tan and a pair of black oxfords.

Get i get away with just starting off with Saphir Pommadier polish & Saphir Medaille D'or Pate de Luxe wax in neutral colour rather than buying colour specific ?
maybe add a renovateur

Chowkin

Reaction score
thanks...they don't look so light. maybe they're hollow!

I have a similar pair from Cleverley:

838F53BD-24CD-413B-BD47-8F38BCB668FF.jpeg

It’s definitely lighter than all my other pairs.

You might want to check out this pair:

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of shoe trees...My new Tricker Kudu Boughtons are size 8.5. My shoes are a mixture of 8.5 and 9.0 - none smaller. I cannot get any of my trees into the new shoes. Even ones taken out of other Boughtons, of the same size, don't get close to fitting in. At the moment, I have the foot parts of some trees, tucked in, with the heel part sticking out. Not ideal but i don't want to force things. Does anyone have any ideas about this? It is not a prob I have had before. Kind regards, Munky

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of shoe trees...My new Tricker Kudu Boughtons are size 8.5. My shoes are a mixture of 8.5 and 9.0 - none smaller. I cannot get any of my trees into the new shoes. Even ones taken out of other Boughtons, of the same size, don't get close to fitting in. At the moment, I have the foot parts of some trees, tucked in, with the heel part sticking out. Not ideal but i don't want to force things. Does anyone have any ideas about this? It is not a prob I have had before. Kind regards, Munky

Very strange, no idea why that might be. Does fit feel comparable to you other Bourton's? I would expect even a 9 shoe tree to fit without problems in a 4444 lasted shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads