• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

atkay

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a pair of Dark Leaf Cheaney boots, and would like to get some shoe cream for them. Does anyone know which Saphir shoe cream best matches Cheaney's Dark Leafs colour? I've heard of some using mahogany, but I'm not totally sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex

striker

Reaction score
mid brown and cognac will work as well. Depends on whether you like a reddish hue, mahogony can be introduced.

Aerolord

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to my shoes? I use renomat to remove old was and not I just can't seems to polish this part of the shoe.

Is this shoe gone for good?

9042748c2bd76827473e2071cee8c1c0.jpg

Stemo79

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to my shoes? I use renomat to remove old was and not I just can't seems to polish this part of the shoe.

Is this shoe gone for good?

9042748c2bd76827473e2071cee8c1c0.jpg
You've basically rubbed too hard and gone through the wax and the finish of the shoe, when you use harsh cleaners for stripping you should only lightly run your cloth over the shoes. Im not an expert in shoe repair but I agree with the B'crat I think these are unsalvageable.

Aerolord

Reaction score

Quote:You've basically rubbed too hard and gone through the wax and the finish of the shoe, when you use harsh cleaners for stripping you should only lightly run your cloth over the shoes. Im not an expert in shoe repair but I agree with the B'crat I think these are unsalvageable.
Yup, I would say thats pretty much beyond repair.
Thanks you both for the replies. Oh well, this is my first "proper" shoes I guess I did learn quite a bit from this pair. Thankfully, isn't really a super expensive pair of shoes, but still kind of heartache especially this shoe haven't last 6 months. I tried to do some touch up and I think I will stay at this condition
6b49373ed412d417f9e93fb85c981415.jpg
Can't complain I guess!

garland

Reaction score
Thanks you both for the replies. Oh well, this is my first "proper" shoes I guess I did learn quite a bit from this pair. Thankfully, isn't really a super expensive pair of shoes, but still kind of heartache especially this shoe haven't last 6 months.

I tried to do some touch up and I think I will stay at this condition

6b49373ed412d417f9e93fb85c981415.jpg

Can't complain I guess!

I would say they came out pretty good!

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Some of y'all are crazy with your over applying of renomat or wax or cream or anything else.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any finish issues are easily dealt with. You people who said unrepairable are ignorant to such matters.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse me. I bought some Saphir Greasy Leather creme,, today, for a pair of greasy leather shoes. I can't find information, anywhere, on how to use it. I ended up checking that it would not darken my shoes, then gave the shoes a thin coating of it. It didn't seem appropriate, or advisable to brush them, afterwards. Oddly, though, the product comes with no instructions and I can find nothing on the net about how to use this particular cream. Yours, Munky

Stemo79

Reaction score

Excuse me. I bought some Saphir Greasy Leather creme,, today, for a pair of greasy leather shoes.  I can't find information, anywhere, on how to use it. I ended up checking that it would not darken my shoes, then gave the shoes a thin coating of it. It didn't seem appropriate, or advisable to brush them, afterwards. Oddly, though, the product comes with no instructions and I can find nothing on the net about how to use  this particular cream. Yours, Munky

Saphir are a strange lot, quite a few of their products lack full or clear instructions maybe it's inherent French nonchalance?

I would assume it's used like any other waxed cream, just apply, work in and leave. I doubt brushing will hurt it either, just don't mix your brushes up. It does smell delightful though, marzipan?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads