• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

traverscao

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

all good.

Anyone know what is the best oil or conditioner for boots?
Also what is the best oil/conditioner to dull the color?

Go for pure neatsfoot oil or Montana Pitch Blend oil if you desire a field oiled finish, or else there is nothinh wrong with a nice glow.

GlenKaren had the best conditioner for casual shoes, but provides a hot glow and a smooth, dry, non-sticky surface.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

None, and instead, forgive her just so that she appreciated it so much, you get a special treat for the weekend 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif
 LOL!!!!!

Special treatment would be minding my shoes!!!1!1

traverscao

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well remember folks cm shoes always want that ****. Sw&d boots such as ccp, ma+, a1923 like the matter and untreated look. But they still need to be cleaned and maintained.

Unfortunately, that means few treatments and more brushing in this case.

Itsuo

Reaction score
Leather soul has them sometimes. Going to try to find some next week during my trip to Taiwan.

I think I'll do the same during my trip to Japan. I have to admit I thought Edoya was the brand name... Maybe it won't be as easy to find as I thought.

All that being said, I can't say that I've ever had trouble with my normal brush.

traverscao

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll do the same during my trip to Japan. I have to admit I thought Edoya was the brand name... Maybe it won't be as easy to find as I thought.

All that being said, I can't say that I've ever had trouble with my normal brush.
I thought there was a shop, mentioned by @nutcracker , in Nihonbashi, Japan. Other than that, in his Japanese shoes thread, there are sporadic spread of shops or retailers of the brush across the country as well.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I'll do the same during my trip to Japan.  I have to admit I thought Edoya was the brand name... Maybe it won't be as easy to find as I thought.  

I thought there was a shop, mentioned by @nutcracker
, in Nihonbashi, Japan. Other than that, in his Japanese shoes thread, there are sporadic spread of shops or retailers of the brush across the country as well.

Yep, Die Workwear had a blog on it a while back: http://dieworkwear.com/post/52715237353/edoya

I wanted to get there when I was in Tokyo last fall, but never made it: http://www.nihonbashi-edoya.co.jp/

I know it's a PITA, but if you are proxy-ing, just PM me.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah!

Well, I don't "Facebook." That's a morass I don't want to wade into.

Thanks again.

BTW, For those who are interested I posted a short blurb about this award [COLOR=0E1DEF]here[/COLOR]

--
Late Congrats for that award DW. But let me tell you that you have many others awards from many of us.

By the way, no Facebook either.
cheers.gif

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Late Congrats for that award DW. But let me tell you that you have many others awards from many of us.

By the way, no Facebook either.:cheers:  

Thank you for the kind words.

As for FB, I have been told that my website is the oldest continuously "up" site on the Internet devoted to boots and shoes. I don't know whether that's true or not (I know others were there before me but they dropped off) but I recognized the potential fairly early on. I also started a discussion forum for bespoke makers quite a while ago. I haven't looked into it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the first such forum.

That said, I suppose I missed the boat with Facebook. I'm tempted to register...just to "cruise" and check up on my wayward children...but like anyone who has been involved with computers and the 'net for any length of time, I'm wary. You have to keep up and frankly, where once I was the only one I knew who had actually read the DOS manual front to back, now I'm resisting Windows 8 as well.

[sigh] There's not enough room in my brain after 69 years.

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it very hard to part with shoeboxes; especially robust boxes from my nicer shoes.

Some I've managed to justify by filling with tape, shoe care supplies, cutting instruments and Christmas decorations. But some are just hanging around for the seasonal storage of shoes/boots or...well.. for the off-chance that I feel compelled to sell a pair and need a convenient shipping box.

However, I am moving internationally in two months (now I'll just be a regular Hedonist). Part of me says "just put them in storage." Yet, I know I should probably free up the unused space....

decisions.gif

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Totally didn't see that award. Congrats, that's amazing!

Thanks, pB.

In truth, it's not such a world-shaking event.

Fairly early on in my career, a friend of mine walked into the shop of a very famous bootmaker in Arizona and announced that he too was a bootmaker. To which the old boy said "well, you ain't much then, are you?" It was a humbling experience even told and experienced second and third hand, simply because in the larger scheme of things it really isn't much.

Except to those of us who do it.

:cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads