• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very strange, no idea why that might be. Does fit feel comparable to you other Bourton's? I would expect even a 9 shoe tree to fit without problems in a 4444 lasted shoe.
Thanks for replying, Reiver. I don't know, either but I did what (afterwards) was obvious and brought a smaller pair of shoe trees! Strange, though...I think they are slightly narrower in the toe than my other Boughtons. I had presumed that all Boughtons are made on the same last. Thanks, again, Munky.

kevenmee

Reaction score
Any recommendation for conditioner/cream that darkens shell the least? Neutral VSC seems to darken less than Lexol but wondering if there's any other recommendations.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I worked on these last night to sell to a friend. No Saphir products. Just some AE creme and Lincoln wax.
113945FC-EDA7-4353-B50F-8FCD6FAB38EB.jpeg

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recently saw tutorial of cordovan leather care in hanger project, and came up question. Would you guys recommend to use neutral color of Saphir Mirror Gloss wax, or Saphir polish wax on the dark brown/color 8/black cordovan? or should I use specific color wax?
VSC, Saph. Reno. Saph. also makes a cream specific for shell. It comes in Neutral, Black, Dark Brown, Cordovan (for #8) and, light Brown.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently saw tutorial of cordovan leather care in hanger project, and came up question. Would you guys recommend to use neutral color of Saphir Mirror Gloss wax, or Saphir polish wax on the dark brown/color 8/black cordovan? or should I use specific color wax?
I use both cordovan cream and wax polish on my shell sparingly.

vim147

Reaction score
Where can i get a job lot of shoe trees ?
I have 10 shoes that i have been stuffing with scrunched up newspaper as shoe trees. I can't spend £100's on a load of shoe trees at once so am looking for deals. Any ideas

CWV

Reaction score
What’s your opinion on cobbler’s choice products?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 10 shoes that i have been stuffing with scrunched up newspaper as shoe trees. I can't spend £100's on a load of shoe trees at once so am looking for deals. Any ideas
Not sure if they are available in Europe, but I picked up 6 for like $105.00 off of Amazon. They were the cedar elements ones, and are as good quality as the Woodlore ones. Since you’ve been stuffing your shoes with newspaper, not sure if quality is what you’re after. But, those are about as cheap as you will find good quality shoe trees.

CWV

Reaction score
What would be the best spry to protect suade and not sophicate it? Saphir?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to use Renovateur which did a decent job. Recently decided to try Saphir cordovan cream as it’s specifically for cordovan and it seems to do a slightly better job than Renovateur.

I chose neutral to use on colour 8 cordovan as I just want the natural colour to develop with age. I would consider the coloured version if I needed to cover up any bad scratches though.

I personally don’t think cordovan needs much if any wax at all. Maybe a thin application once in a while and more so on the toe and heel.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to use Renovateur which did a decent job. Recently decided to try Saphir cordovan cream as it’s specifically for cordovan and it seems to do a slightly better job than Renovateur.

I chose neutral to use on colour 8 cordovan as I just want the natural colour to develop with age. I would consider the coloured version if I needed to cover up any bad scratches though.

I personally don’t think cordovan needs much if any wax at all. Maybe a thin application once in a while and more so on the toe and heel.

Sleepycat3

Reaction score
I got my cedar shoe trees from Skolyx and the price goes further down the more you buy. If you buy 10 pairs, their website says that they are 135 swedish Krona each, which is £ 108.40 for 10 pairs, plus shipping on top of that. Good pricing and their cedar shoe trees are also quite lightweight.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.