• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ayrton

Reaction score
Just dropped $200+ with Kirby for the full Saphir setup... sadly I as not able to get my discount code to stack with the free shipping.
confused.gif

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just dropped $200+ with Kirby for the full Saphir setup... sadly I as not able to get my discount code to stack with the free shipping. :confused:

i seems that either 10% or free shipping, but not both.

Ayrton

Reaction score
Yeah, not a deal breaker in the end or anything.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much you paid for the shoes . . .

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Renovateur- conditioner and leather renewer. Renomat is the cleaner. Good point, now that renomat is readily available in the States there could be some confusion caused by those of us that use Reno to mean Renovator. 

Received an email from Kirby at the Hanger Project this morning. Free shipping on all Saphir orders this weekend only.

well, i'm a die hard kiwi man. i don't care for the frog sh.t.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first time doing anything to care for my shoes

theshoes.jpg

the shoes
blackshoeclose.jpg

shoeclose.jpg

they definitely need some caring for

products.jpg

the products (didn't use the AE cloth yet, cut up old boxers and t-shirts instead)

strandpolished.jpg

browncaptoestart.jpg

browncapside.jpg

starting point
browncaponecleaned.jpg

one shoe cleaned with cream
browncapmidpoint.jpg

midway
browncapscuffgone.jpg

end point

brownshoesdone.jpg

the browns done
blackpealdone2.jpg

black peal done

i think i did alright for my first time

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think they were referring to renovateur, which is a cleaner/conditioner, but many people use as a conditioner.

i think we're talking about a scar so i cannot make a connection to frog sh.t, imo.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, i'm a die hard kiwi man. i don't care for the frog sh.t.

LOL I hear ya on that, however.... I'm retired Navy and a general rule of thumb I always had was that I had to be better better dressed than my men. With uniforms it means mine were pressed correctly, spotless and the shine on my shoes was perfect. By the time I retired that was 550 of them to outshine. Standard black Kiwi and a stocking always served me well. And I refused to put plastic Bates shoes on my feet. But after using Saphir I am replacing all my Kiwi, it almost feels like cheating using it. The frogs got it correct with the Saphir line, at least in what I have used so far.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a letter from Vass, recommending both Saphir and Kiwi as both good. Till now I choose to stay with Kiwi and AE, but with all these hoopla I'm tempted to get a Creme and polish to judge by myself...
I dont think there is any best, "Best is the one you have used and like the most" its all relative, so let not break sweat over it......

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a letter from Vass, recommending both Saphir and Kiwi as both good. Till now I choose to stay with Kiwi and AE, but with all these hoopla I'm tempted to get a Creme and polish to judge by myself...
I dont think there is any best, "Best is the one you have used and like the most" its all relative, so let not break sweat over it......

Now this sort of high minded, liberal thinking will NOT DO around here. These are matters of great importance upon which the very future of mankind will be determined. If one chooses to wallow around lazily in the 'middle ground' without firmly taking a position one runs the very serious risk of becoming trampled during the ensuing battle.

For your own sake I recommend that you make a choice. As I believe the days of old when one was free to choose his own shoe polish are rapidly coming to an end. And I don't imagine it will be any fun for those who ultimately end up on the 'wrong' side. At least not if the history of mankind is any indication. As civilization becomes completely unraveled over the great shoe polish debate I predict a return to the dark ages. Can 'the rack', crucifixion, and being boiled in cauldrons of shoe polish possibly be far away?

For God's sake man, SAVE YOURSELF!

:nodding:

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LOL I hear ya on that, however.... I'm retired Navy and a general rule of thumb I always had was that I had to be better better dressed than my men. With uniforms it means mine were pressed correctly, spotless and the shine on my shoes was perfect. By the time I retired that was 550 of them to outshine. Standard black Kiwi and a stocking always served me well. And I refused to put plastic Bates shoes on my feet. But after using Saphir I am replacing all my Kiwi, it almost feels like cheating using it. The frogs got it correct with the Saphir line, at least in what I have used so far. 

i hear you. i received a tin of saphir and it is ok. don't change a winning team, imo.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads