• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official SF10 celebrations thread (May 4-5, San Francisco)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ten years ago, Styleforum was born.

On the weekend of May 5, there will be party in San Francisco. A movable circus, so to speak.

There will be festivities and activities the entire weekend, with a showing of O'Mast co-sponsored by The Armoury on the 4th, a vendor Showcase (a mashup between a pop-up shop and a trunk show) on the afternoon of the 5th, and a party in the evening. Of course, there will be drinks throughout the day, culmulating in food and drinks on the evening of the 5th.

The itinerary is below.

Schedule for the weekend of the Styleforum 10th Anniversary Party

Friday May 4

O'Mast 6:30-7:30 PM - Showing of O'Mast co-sponsored by The Armoury and W San Francisco, at the Industry Room of the W San Francisco.

Meetup and Dinner 7:30PM whenever. In the spirit of San Francisco Styleforum Meetups, we will meet for no-host drinks at one of the areas fine cocktail establishments. We look forward to seeing familiar faces and welcoming anyone who will be coming in from out of town for the weekend. The location will be finalized and announced as we get closer to the event.

There will be a no-host dinner with San Francisco members. Location to be announced.

Saturday May 5
A swim anyone? You'll find me either going for a run (if my knee is good) or in the gym doing lots of explosive exercises.

12noon - 6pm - The Styleforum Showcase. This will take place in the second floor "Industry" room of the W Hotel and will feature many favorite suppliers and retailers of tailored clothing, custom jeansmakers, shoes and accessories.

Included in the confirmed list of vendors will be On the Fly with some Alfred Sargent shoes and other fine goods, Taylor Stitch with their mix of made in San Francisco shirts, Joe of My Tailor, Will of A Suitable Wardrobe, Mike and Adele of Epaulet , John and Nick of custom jeansmakers Jack/Knife, The Hanger Project offering complimentary shoeshines, and Tom of Leather Soul bringing in the shoes that you'll want shined. Yuki and Ryan of Yuketen will be bringing in fine Yuketen footwear, bags, and accessories.

We will add to this list as other vendors are confirmed.

Food and beverages will be served throughout the event.

W Hotel Lobby

6:30 pm- 10pm - Anniversary Party- A hosted event compliments of Styleforum and its sponsors. Come meet your Styleforum friends and enjoy an evening of fun on the fourth floor terrace of the W Hotel. Food and beverages will be provided. After 10 p.m., the party will move downstairs.

Sunday May 6

10:00 Am - No host brunch. We will select a place near the waterfront once we have a head count.

Rooms:

Styleforum will be able to offer a special discounted room rate at The W San Francisco for Styleforum members. Rooms range from $199 to $279 depending on what you choose, and are available from May 1 through May 8, for those who want to make an entire holiday out of this. The rooms must be booked before April 9.

Here are the rooms actually available to us:

Wonderful rooms: $199
Spectacular rooms $219 (single or double)
Fabulous corner rooms $239
Triples and quads are available for an additional $20 and $40, a good choice for guys who want to split the costs.

Please phone or go to our dedicated splash page to reserve, and reference "Styleforum 10th Anniversary Celebration" to get the special rate (which matches anything online - I checked).

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder on rooms

Rooms:

Styleforum will be able to offer a special discounted room rate at The W San Francisco for Styleforum members. Rooms range from $199 to $279 depending on what you choose, and are available from May 1 through May 8, for those who want to make an entire holiday out of this. The rooms must be booked before April 9.

Here are the rooms actually available to us:

Wonderful rooms: $199
Spectacular rooms $219 (single or double)
Fabulous corner rooms $239
Triples and quads are available for an additional $20 and $40, a good choice for guys who want to split the costs.

Please phone to reserve, and reference "Styleforum 10th Anniversary Celebration" to get the special rate (which matches anything online - I checked).

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ima be there (crickets)

Whooo!

Me too. It's gonna be a good time. The W is a great party spot (seriously!) and there'll be lots of good stuff to check out at the showcase.

Plus, there might be a battle royale between the MC i-gents and the SW&D leather boyz.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, one of the confirmed door prizes will be a pair of custom jeans from Jack/knife (see the Jack/knife thread for more info). John and I have already been talking about my pair.

Truth be told, I'm a little afraid of getting my measurements taken right now. It bodes poorly. I mean, I wear anything from a size 31 to a size 33, but there is not way that I am anywhere close to a 31, or even a 33, where I wear my jeans (low on my hips.) I'm thinking 35-36". Last pair of jeans I got, Triple Works in size 33, are actually slack in the waist, and were not tight at all from day 1, and even after a wash, so, who knows.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super secret photos have fallen into my hands showing Parker preparing for the MC vs SW&D battle royal, smackdown.

Will this win? If it does, what does it win???

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Super secret photos have fallen into my hands showing Parker preparing for the MC vs SW&D battle royal, smackdown.
Will this win? If it does, what does it win???

I actually cribbed this outfit from someone who is considerably more talented than am I.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, one of the confirmed door prizes will be a pair of custom jeans from Jack/knife (see the Jack/knife thread for more info).

Urban just posted that he picked up his Jack Knife jeans tonight and that they are his best fitting jeans ever.

tcwalter07

Reaction score
Wish I could go. I'm travelling to SF two weeks before this, so it's a shame.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taylor Stitch - which makes some great jeans, ties, and RTW shirts in order to having a MTO shirting program, will be one fo the vendors at the Vendor Showcase.

Jeans made using denim from some of the oldest Japanese and American mills cost $128 - a great everyday wear (and if people ask "where to kop jeans", this is a good place to start).

They also sell throwing knives. Well, collar stays, but they are really throwing knives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads