• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kcinirni

Reaction score
I have a couple. I'm a medium in 99.5% of RRL and mine our mediums. They're definitely slim fitting, especially after being washed. But they stretch out even after wearing a couple hours. Super soft and comfortable. And a really great weight. Not thin but not super thick, if that makes sense. And mine have held up great. I'd definitely recommend, especially when they hit 40% off.

@kcinirni: I'd guess you're a small. If you want it as a layer under a shirt, I'd start with a small. That's how I wear mine. If you're just going to wear the henley and don't like the look of a really close fit, try a medium. But the sleeves might be a tad long.
Thanks man I really appreciate it

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In search of this. Mine is officially worn out. Need a medium. Retail or above if it can be found.

Attachments

• 20191213_191613.jpg
    20191213_191613.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 103

oceansaway

Reaction score
I find it incredible that, after all of these years of operation, RL's online fulfillment center still struggles with getting items out the door in a timely manner. And they usually don't tell you that shipping is delayed (like, say, Amazon would). You have to email them to find out what's going on. Strange.

Dstorm

Reaction score
I ordered something 10 days ago and just received emailed saying my order has been cancelled due to no stock. Embarrassing for them. They should give gift cards away for that type of low customer satisfaction.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all the RRL chunky cardigans hand knit? Is there a tag that says that they are hand knit?

bensm1th

Reaction score
Are all the RRL chunky cardigans hand knit? Is there a tag that says that they are hand knit?
Yes, there is a tag that says they are hand knit. Without that tag, they aren't hand knit. I have a hand knit one and one that's not hand knit. You can really tell the difference.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I don't post on this thread (although I follow and check in regularly). But I thought some of you may be interested in a couple of RRL pieces I have listed on ebay with Luxeswap. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to share these.

RRL Mackinaw
RRL Mackinaw Luxeswap.jpg

Mr. Lauren's take on the classic Woolrich jacket. 100% wool, but the fabric has a really soft hand, not stiff or itchy at all. Cool details on the snaps as well. It's also in great condition. The fit is classic RRL. So the Large is edging pretty close to an XL.

SAMPLE RRL Selvedge Cinch Back Jeans
RRL Jeans Luxeswap.jpg

RRL Sample Jeans Luxeswap.jpg

Yes, these are actually samples from 2015 (you can see the tag in the listing). As far as I can tell, this exact model never went into production (but the experts here would know better than me). These are basically new. I have a fair amount of denim experience and to my eye they've never been washed or soaked. The cinch back is missing the buckle and the right back pocket has some loose stitching. The fit is TTS in the waist and a true vintage loose straight fit with a high rise. Could be a cool collector's piece!

Thanks and have a great Sunday!
John

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Maybe my all-time favorite RRL hand knit. I just bought it for my wife and putting it away for her Christmas present.

anyone else pick up this sweater? I have one being held for me but even on sale it’s an expensive piece. I feel like I’ve hit RRL saturation point in some ways, and I’m trying to be really particular. Unless folks are feeling this is just really exceptional and worth the cost, I may just let it go. Any reviews are greatly appreciated to help me make a decision. Thanks, and Happy Holidays.

itsnotsobad

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Joe, I’m new to the world of RRL but I’m addicted already. I was wondering if anyone purchased the slim fit wool-linen pant and if you could tell me how the sizing runs? I’m a 32/30 or 33/30 in denim and was wondering in the medium would be a good fit? Any info would be appreciated.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Joe, I’m new to the world of RRL but I’m addicted already. I was wondering if anyone purchased the slim fit wool-linen pant and if you could tell me how the sizing runs? I’m a 32/30 or 33/30 in denim and was wondering in the medium would be a good fit? Any info would be appreciated.
based on my experience with their S/M/L pant sizes I would go for the medium if i were you. for reference i'm a size 30 waist in all RRL pants and would wear a small

noretailplease

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger at 40% off - still a lot of money, but seriously, iconic.

shearling-leather moto jacket...
image.jpg

juniorsample

Reaction score
medium.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads