• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thehaag

Reaction score
Agree. I’m usually a 32 or 33 in the slim fit jeans. I went with 32 in these shorts and could easily done 31.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short sleeve henley and my first chore jacket (probably not last). With some gray denim and Bergs to complete the look

20191006_104914.jpg
20191006_104843.jpg

mykii2704

Reaction score
So how does everyone, especially these big eBay sellers, get their hands on so much RRL? Are there regular sales or clearance centers somewhere? Recently discovered RRL and am a massive fan of their knits, cardigans etc.

fwedo

Reaction score
I have all my officer's shorts in 30. and I wear mostly 30 in RRL jeans and RRL Chinos.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
@mykii2704 : for all we know, you're a reseller looking to do a little research. far as we know, it's purchased online and in stores.

mykii2704

Reaction score
@mykii2704 : for all we know, you're a reseller looking to do a little research. far as we know, it's purchased online and in stores.

Totally appreciable concern but not it at all - I actually am an older user who couldn't reset their old acc password so here I am!

RRL is new to me though, I wasn't much of a clothing person before just boots (Alden, Carmina etc).

bwfilms

Reaction score
Greetings and welcome!

I thought this was a great question, one that deserved an answer from those of us dedicated to the Double RL brand!

When I started to ponder the question, I realized that I have two categories of RRL favorites.

1. High-utility, "go-to" items I wear more often than other RRL pieces
2. Objects of affection, RRL pieces I adore but wear less often (or sometimes hardly at all)

Thanks for the welcome and the detailed reply. It's exactly the kind of responses I was hoping to get when I posted the question. Hopefully even more users will reply with theirs.

Type II Denim Jacket [2016]. I own quite a few denim jackets, but this is my favorite. I've always been drawn to the classic 50's look of the Type II—boxy, with two front pockets and pleats. The RRL version is cut from sturdy red-cast denim and mildly distressed. (It takes me way too long to break in a raw denim jacket.)

I own this exact jacket too. I didn't know that it's from 2016! It's one of my favorites, and I probably wear it more than any other RRL items. It has one of my favorite jacket fit: boxy (but very trim), short length (it reaches just at the belt buckle for me), and high-armhole (which doesn't make me look like batman).

There are a couple of more pieces that made the cut but I think I'll stop here–this post is already magazine-length. :)

Nah, the more the merrier. I'll try to compose a list of some of my favorites items later...

bwfilms

Reaction score
The Mendoza leather jacket has always been a grail of mine. sadly I owned it in a large at one point which was too big and hunting it down in a medium is next to impossible now, its even hard to find a decent picture of it View attachment 1248711

The pockets look interesting, and the long point collar really adds to the overall look. I wonder if the Roughout Suede Western Jacket is a newer, suede version.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So how does everyone, especially these big eBay sellers, get their hands on so much RRL? Are there regular sales or clearance centers somewhere?

Is there a lot of good RRL on eBay? It doesn’t seem like it.

RRL is sold on the Ralph Lauren web site, and I see people reselling those items after they’ve gone on sale. It doesn’t seem like there are many sellers with a large amount, though. (Are there?).

EDIT: OK, as soon as I wrote that, I see the guy from the other thread linking to his hundred new RRL items. Weird. Who knows. Doesn’t seem like that’s the norm. If you look at completed listings, prices are down for the brand compared to what people were paying a few years ago.

Last edited:

mykii2704

Reaction score
Is there a lot of good RRL on eBay? It doesn’t seem like it.
EDIT: OK, as soon as I wrote that, I see the guy from the other thread linking to his hundred new RRL items. Weird. Who knows. Doesn’t seem like that’s the norm. If you look at completed listings, prices are down for the brand compared to what people were paying a few years ago.

There is at least 3, maybe 4, that have hundreds of items. Some over a thousand. I'm having trouble believing they're holding all stock, though. There is one seller I've noticed who gets new inventory, then posts them for auctions, and if they don't sell never posts again (which I only noticed because I missed a couple of auctions and wanted to bid). The drop-ship, close-to-store and not-holding-stock theories work for some , but not all. I was more interested incase y'all are purchasing stuff not from RRL direct, thus I would be missing out on in-the-know discounting.

Sucks that RRL is as expensive as it is but they do some things better than anyone else, and I'm grateful that there are at least some people selling some items that are now discontinued being a late-to-the-game person myself.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
The largest RRL reseller on eBay is festusspurs. All of their inventory is purchased during the sale period by a few Japanese resellers, and then sent to the midwest, where it's resold by a an inconspicuous, middle-aged white woman.

Outside of festusspurs, which eBay accounts are you referring to?

aquila49

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the detailed reply. It's exactly the kind of responses I was hoping to get when I posted the question. Hopefully even more users will reply with theirs.

You shouldn't encourage me! :)

I am planning to finish the list at some point—too bad I also have to work for a living,

BTW, I'm probably more conservative than most RRL enthusiasts, so hopefully some of the more daring brand mavens will share their favorites. (My father would have thoroughly enjoyed hearing me call myself a "conservative".)

Serad

Reaction score
Any news on the Holiday / Winter lookbooks? The Winter 2 drop stuff I've seen coming online now is insanely cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads