• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Another one from Mark maggiori. Definitely worth an insta follow for any Western aficionados
SmartSelect_20191001-082856_Instagram.jpg

aquila49

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking for quite some time now but finally ready to post my first RRL piece! This one stands out, and people compliment/ask where I got it almost every wear. Very happy with it, although the fit length could have been a touch longer for my 6’1” height.
View attachment 1250702

Sorry for the small scale of the item, I needed to show how it matched the signage while on a trip in Portland ?

Welcome!

Great picture. I love me some Portland. :)

aquila49

Reaction score
I ordered these over the weekend ...

I guess it begins...the beginning of me ordering pleats and wider legged pants again...I noticed the higher-fashioned pieces going looser and bigger and pleated the last couple years with dismay...being pencil leg-ged, I've enjoyed the slim-straight legged jeans though most of the last decade...alas it appears things are moving well the other way...

...but as they say..when in rome..do as the romans...or just look out of date...

Not quite ready to jump into pleated pants. Or the looser, baggy looks.

But that's just me. I'll follow the trend with interest. :)

Cooly

Reaction score
Not quite ready to jump into pleated pants. Or the looser, baggy looks.

But that's just me. I'll follow the trend with interest. :)
I know....I tried on some wide waled cords at brunello cucinelli a few weeks ago for some giggles and they literally felt and looked like clown pants to me...the sales rep there told me on cue "we can taper them for you" without me even asking...so I think the american market is slow in adopting this taste in comparison to the euros...

however, I do believe the trend is well under way in that direction though...

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
I know....I tried on some wide waled cords at brunello cucinelli a few weeks ago for some giggles and they literally felt and looked like clown pants to me...the sales rep there told me on cue "we can taper them for you" without me even asking...so I think the american market is slow in adopting this taste in comparison to the euros...

Funny, JCrew just added skinny chino's to their line-up... Too tight for work, but I dig 'em. Cashing-in on the hanger-oners like me, I guess...

aquila49

Reaction score

Wait—or live—long enough, you'll get a second shot at your favorite styles.

I favored pegged pants and Beatle boots in high school, bell-bottoms with tie-dye tees at college, flannel, denim and work boots for the Seventies, frayed preppie through the Eighties, Euroflash in the Nineties/early Aughts, and back to flannels, denim and work boots after the 2008 market crash.

Slave of fashion? You bet!

robroy82

Reaction score
I'd stick with a medium, although they're slightly slimmer in the body

second. Slightly trimmer fit than the rest of the line. I wear mediums in both, 5’10” 155lbs and the trimmer is spot on for me.

McSp

Reaction score
Wait—or live—long enough, you'll get a second shot at your favorite styles.

I favored pegged pants and Beatle boots in high school, bell-bottoms with tie-dye tees at college, flannel, denim and work boots for the Seventies, frayed preppie through the Eighties, Euroflash in the Nineties/early Aughts, and back to flannels, denim and work boots after the 2008 market crash.

Slave of fashion? You bet!
Very nice intriguing fashion trip...! :)

Cooly

Reaction score
Just got the pleated cords, and they're super dope. Generously sized, with a high rise, roomy top
block, and fairly wide leg, they're constructed from luxurious Japanese corduroy and finished with slant pockets. Going to get them tapered from a 9.5 inch leg opening to an 8.5, and hemmed with a 2-inch cuff and no break. Highly recommend picking these up -- serious vintage vibes and a nice reprieve from all of your tight jeans:fence:
s7-1341281_lifestyle

s7-1341281_alternate1
Picked these up today... yeah..the leg openings are crazy big...laughable...but love the color and wide wale cords..
will look great with light chambray and denim shirts...

will be going to tailor to slim down the openings...

Konnor

Reaction score
Was only a matter of time before I ventured into the "tailor shop." I don't have an extensive knowledge of dress shirts, banana republic, j crew, brooks brothers, eton, but these are right up there wth the best for off the rack. My body type sucks for most everything, but these will do the trick and get plenty of wear. As for the sweater jacket? Far surpassed my expectations. Super comfortable and heavy. It'll keep you warm.

View attachment 1250670
Where did you find that white shirt? I can't seem to find one online, only the railman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics