• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
No need to apologize! That jacket looks awesome.

I love what Kapital produces, but not for daily wear. The few pieces I own are conservative—they could easily be mistaken for Double RL. :)

I love how the two brands mirror each other in certain ways—having a range of conservative to extremely expressive pieces that sometimes overlap in style and execution with each other, but are obviously informed by different cultural backgrounds. For instance, these two cardigans feel like two versions of a similar idea. It's a lot of fun to mix and match the two brands!

show.jpeg 77fdfa01d6b509f37b594fc05300df98.jpg

Sea dragon

Reaction score
I love how the two brands mirror each other in certain ways—having a range of conservative to extremely expressive pieces that sometimes overlap in style and execution with each other, but are obviously informed by different cultural backgrounds. For instance, these two cardigans feel like two versions of a similar idea. It's a lot of fun to mix and match the two brands!

View attachment 1222270 View attachment 1222271
Except the Kapital cardigan is like $4000

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have a good recommendation for denim repair in Brooklyn?

thanks.

Leftfield NYC

henryfool3

Reaction score
Leftfield NYC

much appreciated!

pvoytko

Reaction score
unionmadegoods has 50 percent off a bunch of kapital right now

not much of a fan personally but it does integrate pretty well with RRL

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird to complain about Kapital’s prices in an RRL thread, and I’ve never seen anything from them go for 4k. You should never buy Kapital from anyone other than Kapital. They don’t do wholesale, so retailers have to pretty much double the prices.
They do wholesale.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird to complain about Kapital’s prices in an RRL thread, and I’ve never seen anything from them go for 4k. You should never buy Kapital from anyone other than Kapital. They don’t do wholesale, so retailers have to pretty much double the prices.

Proxying from Japan is usually much cheaper, especially if you do it off secondhand market. That being said, Unionmade prices at 50% are at least palatable. Got a pair of century denim for $220 shipped, which would be hard to replicate in the states again.

Was just wearing some RRL and LVC with my ring coat yesterday.

kwonster

Reaction score
I agree that Kapital meshes well with RRL, looks like I'm not the only one that likes to wear both brands. Makes me kind of curious as to what other brands the RRL fans here like to incorporate into their outfits. I personally like YSL boots, particularly the more "western" boots like the Lukas, because I prefer the sleeker look compared to the chunkier RRL boots I have.

View attachment 1222270 View attachment 1222271

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that Kapital meshes well with RRL, looks like I'm not the only one that likes to wear both brands. Makes me kind of curious as to what other brands the RRL fans here like to incorporate into their outfits. I personally like YSL boots, particularly the more "western" boots like the Lukas, because I prefer the sleeker look compared to the chunkier RRL boots I have.
I think RgT (Rogue Territory) goes great with RRL personally

aquila49

Reaction score

I'm curious about that myself.

These are some of the brands I combine with RRL:

LVC: I like to alternate RRL and LVC denim. The LVC flannel shirts made in Italy are uber-comfortable and go well with Double RL. Also own a couple of their leather jackets.
Momotaro: My all-time favorite casual shirt is Momotaro's Green Tea-Dyed Chambray.
Gitman Vintage: Can't seem to go wrong pairing any of Gitman's oxford-cloth button-down shirts with RRL denim or chinos.
Real McCoys: Great sweatshirts and heavier tees that go well with RRL.
Indigofera: Reasonably-priced heritage-style brand. The vests and flannels seem to work well with Double RL.
Pike Brothers: Another affordable brand that easily "snaps" into the RRL look.
Studio d'Artisan: I was so enamored by their linen beanie that I bought 3 of them. (Sadly, am now down to a single survivor.) Vests and jackets are nice as well.
Merz B Schwanen. Ace lightweight Henleys that pair nicely with RRL denim.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics