• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just visited the RRL store in NYC a few days ago. I was really surprised to see that pretty much everything is made in China. Considering the price it's was dealbreaker ...

i agree on their pricing strategy which is obscene but the factories they use are generally quite good. nothing to do about made in china

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention, the materials used are quite good as well.

I think this topic comes back round every 20 pages or so in this thread.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
i agree on their pricing strategy which is obscene but the factories they use are generally quite good. nothing to do about made in china
The branding is all about american heritage and traditions. To me it's a bit weird to see that it's all imported. Especially considering the price.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree in principle, but the US no longer has factories capable of making product at that level, not to mention factories that can cover the diversity of their product range. i believe the t-shirts and some accessories are produced in the US

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL quality is great. not sure about the working conditions in Chinese factories they employ though

Rrlove

Reaction score
BE0F7CD3-41D8-4EDF-86A0-D0FA05C3B8F1.png

Has anyone gotten this pair yet? Don’t wanna buy until I see what they actually look like irl

Cooly

Reaction score
I exchanged the medium chore for the small and indeed the small fits nicely. If the medium RRL shirts fit you well, you may want to think of sizing down...

aquila49

Reaction score
The aforementioned linen-wool pants. Sorry for not making it all RRL. Though I often wear RRL button-downs with this, today it’s a Kapital jacket.
. View attachment 1221860

No need to apologize! That jacket looks awesome.

I love what Kapital produces, but not for daily wear. The few pieces I own are conservative—they could easily be mistaken for Double RL. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads