• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out @urbanwoodsman for the fine footwear

20190505_202449.jpg
20190505_202548.jpg
20190505_204053.jpg

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to know how those end up wearing when walking on concrete/asphalt and see if they hold up like a normal leather sole
I intend to do just that my friend. They are so damn comfortable

Cooly

Reaction score
Would like to know how those end up wearing when walking on concrete/asphalt and see if they hold up like a normal leather sole

They hold up about a year with regular, often wear on concrete in the city/urban, and then they develop a crack/hole in the sole and whistle every time you step. I've gone through two pairs now with identical results. Both the regular, mocassin RRL first came out with 2-3 years ago, and these, with the hi-topped ankle RRL came with a year and half ago.

Someone on here said Rancourt would re-sole them for $100 bucks, but I've contacted them twice now, and they have denied me twice and said "they probably made them, but they most likely no longer have the materials to re-sole them and/or lack the proper tooling". I doubt that since they make similar moccasins with similar soles year round: https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/moccasins.html

aquila49

Reaction score

I always thought of these mocs as indoor shoes. Would those soles hold up with outdoor use?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought of these mocs as indoor shoes. Would those soles hold up with outdoor use?
Honestly felt the same way about them, regulate to expensive indoor slippers. But they'll be expensive in and outdoor slippers haha

oynag

Reaction score
Related: Today is the last day to use the Amex offer of a $50 credit with $250 purchase in-store or online (if you received the offer). I just ordered a gift card to prepare for the sale and instantly got an email from Amex telling me that I’d get the credit. Gift cards work.

Reminder to those of you with Amex cards that may have received the offer.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
someone tell me why RRL hasn't made a Polo shirt replacing the traditional polo player logo with the bucking bronco. I'd snap that up right quick
Capture.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads