• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McSp

Reaction score

aquila49

Reaction score
Denim apron.
Been cooking a lot and saw this online.
Firstly, this thing is thin, light, and much smaller than expected. I would say 9-10oz denim. Feels like a soft tablecloth. Upon wearing, it fits nicely and is super comfortable. I also like the patch pockets up front. I’m torn. Really like it, but $200 is a bit much (isn’t that what we all say about every RRL item).

View attachment 1143598

I wish yours was longer! I have a sideline business selling herbal powder and it's ruining my clothing. My wife tries to loan me her kitchen models but I feel uneasy wearing an apron decorated with frolicking gnomes.

I was hoping to spend way too much money on an RRL apron that's sturdy and and extends down to my knees.

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Main site dropped a bunch of new items. Excuse me while I block internet access for the weekend...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for considerately sharing this ripoff fake dongxi from China. That's super awesome to see an incredibly wack imitation from the fabric markets of Zhejiang's backcountry. 你非常很大量。

LOL
s-l1600.gif

xiaobenben

Reaction score
Thanks for considerately sharing this ripoff fake dongxi from China. That's super awesome to see an incredibly wack imitation from the fabric markets of Zhejiang's backcountry. 你非常很大量。

Hi @subdivide, it was not my intention to knowingly post or promote a fake item here, my apologies. I just happen to be looking for an RRL apron myself and this one caught my eye. I have pinged that seller to see if they can provide any proof of authenticity and will report back.

Also, I know I’m a junior member here, but I wanted to share a comment. I hope y'all don’t ban me for this but I feel the need to say it with all due respect: there seems to be a subtle but broad anti-China racism that pervades this forum, and the world of high-end fashion in general.

I understand that many fake products come from China, but there are a great many highly-skilled and hardworking craftsmen in China too. In fact, most RRL products happen to be made in China, and the incredibly detailed distressing that we love about RRL products is done by talented Chinese artisans working in Chinese factories. The amount of skill and labor required for this would be prohibitively expensive in most other countries.

So, yes, while there are fake products coming from China (and elsewhere), we also have China and Chinese people to thank for the luxury goods that we enjoy (and pretty much every other product too). So I find it a little facile and reductive to fall back on the common trope that China is a nation of pirates and thieves. For what its worth, its actually quite interesting to read up on *why* China has a subculture of piracy (its called ‘shanzhai’) and its also helpful to read up on Chinese history in the 19th and 20th century. In short, the West treated China and Chinese people *horribly* (see: Opium Wars, Boxer Rebellion, Chinese Exclusion Act), so I for one am willing to give China a little benefit of the doubt here and try to see them as a nation of resourceful, smart, and hardworking folks, trying to make a living and be happy just like the rest of us. For a little context, I lived and worked in China for many years not only Shanghai but elsewhere too, and I had friends in the garment industry, and I work in the electronics manufacturing industry.

I know this is not a forum for political speech but I had to say this. You can ban me if you want (but I hope not, because I love RRL and nice clothes like y'all), and again, I apologize for posting an item that might be fake. That was not my intention, I just wanted to suggest something that another user might find interesting.

And lastly, I’m not sure what you meant by the phrase 你非常很大量? It’s a meaningless statement as it stands.

McSp

Reaction score
Hi @subdivide, it was not my intention to knowingly post or promote a fake item here, my apologies. I just happen to be looking for an RRL apron myself and this one caught my eye. I have pinged that seller to see if they can provide any proof of authenticity and will report back.

Also, I know I’m a junior member here, but I wanted to share a comment. I hope y'all don’t ban me for this but I feel the need to say it with all due respect: there seems to be a subtle but broad anti-China racism that pervades this forum, and the world of high-end fashion in general.

I understand that many fake products come from China, but there are a great many highly-skilled and hardworking craftsmen in China too. In fact, most RRL products happen to be made in China, and the incredibly detailed distressing that we love about RRL products is done by talented Chinese artisans working in Chinese factories. The amount of skill and labor required for this would be prohibitively expensive in most other countries.

So, yes, while there are fake products coming from China (and elsewhere), we also have China and Chinese people to thank for the luxury goods that we enjoy (and pretty much every other product too). So I find it a little facile and reductive to fall back on the common trope that China is a nation of pirates and thieves. For what its worth, its actually quite interesting to read up on *why* China has a subculture of piracy (its called ‘shanzhai’) and its also helpful to read up on Chinese history in the 19th and 20th century. In short, the West treated China and Chinese people *horribly* (see: Opium Wars, Boxer Rebellion, Chinese Exclusion Act), so I for one am willing to give China a little benefit of the doubt here and try to see them as a nation of resourceful, smart, and hardworking folks, trying to make a living and be happy just like the rest of us. For a little context, I lived and worked in China for many years not only Shanghai but elsewhere too, and I had friends in the garment industry, and I work in the electronics manufacturing industry.

I know this is not a forum for political speech but I had to say this. You can ban me if you want (but I hope not, because I love RRL and nice clothes like y'all), and again, I apologize for posting an item that might be fake. That was not my intention, I just wanted to suggest something that another user might find interesting.

And lastly, I’m not sure what you meant by the phrase 你非常很大量? It’s a meaningless statement as it stands.

Let me only add a little personal thought. I visited garment factories located in far east and what really hit me was the working condition of the people (mostly young women, faster handling garments then the elder one...) and how much they are paid for 12/14 hours per day, with no Sunday or holidays at all: a misery. And they are forced to produce a fixed amount of pieces per day. That's why every time I see on a tag that the garment has been made in Bangladesh, Philippines, Sry Lanka, India, China etc. I'm at least puzzled. Also comparing of what you pay in store for the same item...

subdivide

Reaction score

Hi XBB, well said! You definitely have a point... and my Chinese is getting rusty.

Kwaker

Reaction score

Of the threads I subscribe to ...
the folks on here I find to be the most accepting of MiC products ... goes with territory for RRL.
The other end of the spectrum are dudes on the Filson thread.

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
I wish yours was longer! I have a sideline business selling herbal powder and it's ruining my clothing. My wife tries to loan me her kitchen models but I feel uneasy wearing aprons decorate with whi.

I was hoping to spend way too much money on an RRL apron that's sturdy and and extends down to my knees.

Yeah, way too light and wrongly proportioned. It hangs too low as well, too much cleavage exposed. Aprons need to fit high and long. After some time with it, I wouldn't touch it on sale either unless you were collecting pieces. Non-functional.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads