• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noretailplease

Reaction score
There is an RRL "Spend to Get" sale from 16-18 Mar --

$500 off for $1500 or more spend,
$300 for $1K purchase
$125 for $500 purchase

- one per customer
- mens only, non-sale / non spring and summer
- no vintage (whatever that is)

BK_Verbs

Reaction score

$300 for $1K purchase
$125 for $500 purchase

- one per customer

They are doing a cocktail/DJ event around this at the Williamsburg Brooklyn location.

Cooly

Reaction score
How much indigo is too much? Indigo polo with the limited edition indigo chinos

View attachment 1142171

Looks great and of course...you can't over do indigo....but IMHO you can dreadfully mismatch different shades of indigo ....

Hopefully you won't have the same experience I've had with all the one pocket RRL polos with the self collar...they just fall flat against the shoulder making the neck area look really weird...starts out ok in the morning when I put it on, but in a few minutes after wear...they just fall completely flat...

RandJG1

Reaction score
Does it fit boxy and needs downsizing for slimmer cut?
sorry i need to try it with that in mind to give an accurate read. It is lined so fuller. I didn't feel it was overly boxy nor fitted. I went true to size and was very happy with the fit.

BK_Verbs

Reaction score
Took advantage of the EBay 15% deal today. These 2 incoming and a pair of APC jeans.

5D878E96-8C43-4391-AF39-F08908313FF2.jpeg
5509F505-23FF-420B-9448-9D30893C5371.jpeg

xiaobenben

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a long time member who hasn't posted in many years. But an avid RRL fan with much RRL in my closet that I wear often.

I was lucky to pick up one of the last indigo patchwork cardigans from winter season at the 'low price' of only ~$525 (down from $1400 RRP, which I could never justify/afford). I live in San Francisco, and our summers are cold and foggy, so I'll definitely have many opportunities to wear it.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-sweaters/indigo-patchwork-cardigan/443003.html

Just got it in the mail and it looks gorgeous and fits me well, but I had a question... this cardigan is made of multiple different types of fabric (wool, linen, cotton), and I'm wondering if it will wear unevenly. For example, the indigo dyed linen patches are rigid and seem like they'll take quite a lot of abuse, but the wool patches are soft and loose. Basically, I don't know if this thing is going to withstand a lot of wear, and whether I'll get longterm value out of this thing? Even though it looks beautiful. Curious for thoughts / if anyone else know this piece or similar patchwork pieces. Thanks!

rrl-Black-Dark-Grey-Indigo-Patchwork-Cardigan.jpeg

bobbo28

Reaction score

$300 for $1K purchase
$125 for $500 purchase

- one per customer

Do you know if this promo is in store only or will RL also promote it online?

bobbo28

Reaction score

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
Denim apron.
Been cooking a lot and saw this online.
Firstly, this thing is thin, light, and much smaller than expected. I would say 9-10oz denim. Feels like a soft tablecloth. Upon wearing, it fits nicely and is super comfortable. I also like the patch pockets up front. I’m torn. Really like it, but $200 is a bit much (isn’t that what we all say about every RRL item).

D4F7FC88-C842-4B77-B86D-FFC6095347A2.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
Curious how you're digging this jacket?
I returned it. It was too similar to the other jackets in my stable. Otherwise, it is a great jacket. Fit and quality. I plan to pick it up if it's still around during the bi-annual fire sale.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@xiaobenben I wouldn't worry about it, just keep it if you like it. I've never had any clothes fall apart from normal wear and tear.

It'd be different if you put extra wear on it like wearing a backpack with it everyday

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim apron.
Been cooking a lot and saw this online.
Firstly, this thing is thin, light, and much smaller than expected. I would say 9-10oz denim. Feels like a soft tablecloth. Upon wearing, it fits nicely and is super comfortable. I also like the patch pockets up front. I’m torn. Really like it, but $200 is a bit much (isn’t that what we all say about every RRL item).

View attachment 1143598

Reminds me of a mini-dress version of an apron.

styleforumfan

Reaction score

Went to check out the jacket in person but was totally underwhelmed by it. I was expecting a thicker and coarser textured roughout leather that can take a lot of abuse. It turned out to be just garden variety suede like on a typical suede jacket.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
A huge thank you to @urbanwoodsman for helping me out with this suit. Fabric is amazing and has the most subtle texture and nice dark hue of indigo. Should go over very well on the wedding day (RRL indigo herringbone 3 piece suit)
20190314_102559.jpg 20190314_102609.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics