• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrbig

Reaction score
@Gus very well said.

I find the 3Sixteen CT is the perfect fit for me. Slightly higher rise with more room in the top block but tapers nicely. I wish I could find an RRL fit that is similar so I could take advantage to the great washes from RRL.

The Straight Taper fits about the same, but I haven't tried on 3Sixteen's CT for a while now. I could see RRL bringing the straight taper into the fold as a regular item but it was Limited last season as a raw indigo piece and it's limited this season as a raw undyed.

Kwaker

Reaction score
My low straight rigids are far from being a low rise jean with a measured rise of 10.5 in a size 31 (33 actual waist). Of my denim collection, nothing approaches the 11.5” rise of my Fullcount 1108. At 9.5”, my Uniqlo’s and R&B Fit 2 have the lowest rise. Everything else (Jean Shop Rocker, Gustin Straight and Slim cuts, N&F Weird Guy, RL Black Label) hover in the middle.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only wearing 9.5oz or less from here on out...

Lightweight denim has a place in my rotation in mild-warm weather months. I have a lightweight denim jacket that I like to wear as a layer this time of year as it moves easily over a sweater and shirt to wear all day long.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic in an 11oz .

s7-1317842_lifestyle.png

Lenard

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a hookup at a RRL store who is really good at finding sold out and stuff from the past or current season. Let me know if there's any item that you might want from that and I can try to hook you up!

Cheers

oynag

Reaction score
Prepare thyselves: 25th anniversary collection hitting select stores February. That’s all I know but it’s good to know.

Quoting myself. Put your wallets away; this was lame. The "collection" (two chore coats, flannel workshirt, two hats, t-shirt, denim workshirt) is in the spring catalog. Towards the back. I was expecting more. Underwhelmed.

Pretext

Reaction score

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Quoting myself. Put your wallets away; this was lame. The "collection" (two chore coats, flannel workshirt, two hats, t-shirt, denim workshirt) is in the spring catalog. Towards the back. I was expecting more. Underwhelmed.
Yeah the concept sounded great until you realize it really LOOKS like the version from the 90s. A little dadish looking by today's standards

Reactions: Gus

pvoytko

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a hookup at a RRL store who is really good at finding sold out and stuff from the past or current season. Let me know if there's any item that you might want from that and I can try to hook you up!

Cheers

F327CDF6-0F54-4BDF-B522-14F103E2776E.jpeg

looking for this in a large

aquila49

Reaction score

Yeah, very unimpressive. I get what they're doing—reproducing some of those early pieces—but 25 years down the line they look uninspired. I have some items from the early years but they are strictly museum pieces. The good news is that the brand has moved far beyond these initial efforts.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 8.42.10 AM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads