• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

palladio211

Reaction score
That Abrams sashiko vest is simply beautiful, I'm looking for it on eBay etc. for long time with no luck at all...! that's a real pity!

+1. I bought one at the store (now closed) on Bleecker St, and it's maybe my favorite RRL piece out of the many I've owned. Around that time I also bought the dark blue corduroy vest with stripes. I'd never worn vests up until then, but I really like them now. I get a lot of use out of these two in the Fall and Winter.

Last edited:

McSp

Reaction score
+1. I bought one at the store (now closed) on Bleecker St, and it's maybe my favorite RRL piece out of the many I've owned. Around that time I also bought the dark blue corduroy vest with stripes mentioned a few posts up. I'd never worn vests up until then, but I really like them now. I get a lot of use out of these two in the Fall and Winter.
I regularly wear vest and Abrams is the one on my top list, unfortunately it never pop up on eBay and other web stores... still digging.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Extra 25% off sale stuffs at Stag.

aquila49

Reaction score
I regularly wear vest and Abrams is the one on my top list, unfortunately it never pop up on eBay and other web stores... still digging.

Everything shows up on eBay—eventually. ;) It might take a few years but it will appear at some point. Just make sure you have a couple of automated searches to flag it for you. Good hunting!

McSp

Reaction score
Everything shows up on eBay—eventually. ;) It might take a few years but it will appear at some point. Just make sure you have a couple of automated searches to flag it for you. Good hunting!

I see.. it takes time, patience and constant search... and time goes by.
Sorry the ignorance, what you mean with automated searches to flag it for me? Thanks.

aquila49

Reaction score
I see.. it takes time, patience and constant search... and time goes by.
Sorry the ignorance, what you mean with automated searches to flag it for me? Thanks.

"Automated searches" is probably not the best way to describe it; eBay calls them followed searches. Basically you search on something and save your search. For example, search on RRL in the Men's Clothing:Vests category with Size=Medium and Color=Blue, then click Follow this search checkbox displayed below the search field. A message appears letting you know that you'll get automated email alerts when an item meets your search criteria. You can also create variations by adding the word sashiko or Abrams. Sometimes sellers add vests to the Outerwear category, so you might add a search that will catch those items as well.

There are more advanced search options available if you want to get more granular. I'm sure there are people here who know more about it than I do. ;)

McSp

Reaction score
"Automated searches" is probably not the best way to describe it; eBay calls them followed searches. Basically you search on something and save your search. For example, search on RRL in the Men's Clothing:Vests category with Size=Medium and Color=Blue, then click Follow this search checkbox displayed below the search field. A message appears letting you know that you'll get automated email alerts when an item meets your search criteria. You can also create variations by adding the word sashiko or Abrams. Sometimes sellers add vests to the Outerwear category, so you might add a search that will catch those items as well.

There are more advanced search options available if you want to get more granular. I'm sure there are people here who know more about it than I do. ;)
Interesting, thanks a lot for the tip!!

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
Anyone here own the East/West selvedge Vintage 5 pocket jeans? Can I expect them to shrink? If so, how much? Should I soak them?

Thanks in advance.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Anyone here own the East/West selvedge Vintage 5 pocket jeans? Can I expect them to shrink? If so, how much? Should I soak them?

Thanks in advance.
They wont shrink much if at all, and they always stretch back to their original size if not slightly more. I'd say they should fit a little tight at first and they'll loosen up

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can remember an RRL fall collection I was less interested in than this year's. My wallet is thankful, at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads