• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McSp

Reaction score
Highly recommend this shirt!

Thanks for sharing the sneak peek, bobbo! I'll be at the NYC store next week and Peter said most of what he set aside for me wasn't in the catalog.
Can I ask you why you highly recommend the shirt? Just for how it looks or because you got it and you like to wear it?

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
if anyone is looking for a proxy on anything, I'll be heading down to the west broadway store soon. Let me know if I can grab anything :cool2:

hobbes874

Reaction score
More drops on ralphlauren site btw, just noticed on a tab I had open for awhile.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score
Can I ask you why you highly recommend the shirt? Just for how it looks or because you got it and you like to wear it?
Good color that looks great with dark indigo pieces, comfortable, looks great with some of my favorite jackets, and really like the texture of the fabric.

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
People -- likely resellers -- must've moved quickly. In a span of 10 minutes, all of the black cat varsity jackets in medium (approximately 4 left when I checked) were gone. Wow!

Yeah, you can't wait around anymore. If you like something gotta grab it. I think they greatly reduced the inventory levels this last couple of seasons.

Tacosauce

Reaction score
I was in a RL store earlier today to pick up a few things from the new RRL lineup. The associate told me that most of the RRL sale items have been shipped away to the warehouse for online sales.

pvoytko

Reaction score
I was in a RL store earlier today to pick up a few things from the new RRL lineup. The associate told me that most of the RRL sale items have been shipped away to the warehouse for online sales.

good info, now you gotta make sure you've added yourself to those wait lists!

aquila49

Reaction score
I rarely get items on RL.com. I get 98% RRL items through the stores. As mentioned by others, if you develop a relationship with the sales people, you get private sales, they reserve items before the sales start and other random perks/random discounts.

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who frequently buys RRL will benefit from a relationship with a sales associate at a brick-and-mortar store.

Once you've established trust, some associates will gladly send you pieces on spec—you pay only for what you want and return the rest. A savvy associate will also do their best to track down items that are sold out online. As Cooly mentioned, you'll get early notice on sales and pre-sales plus any intermittent discounts that surface. And a store will often offer added discounts.

There is one twist on this route. I've found that most accommodating and proactive sales associates work at Ralph Lauren stores that carry the RRL line, not at the RRL-only establishments. There seem to be more constraints on these associates—not really sure why. Of course, this view is based on my experience. Others may see it differently.

Tacosauce

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Anyone who frequently buys RRL will benefit from a relationship with a sales associate at a brick-and-mortar store.

Once you've established trust, some associates will gladly send you pieces on spec—you pay only for what you want and return the rest. A savvy associate will also do their best to track down items that are sold out online. As Cooly mentioned, you'll get early notice on sales and pre-sales plus any intermittent discounts that surface. And a store will often offer added discounts.

There is one twist on this route. I've found that most accommodating and proactive sales associates work at Ralph Lauren stores that carry the RRL line, not at the RRL-only establishments. There seem to be more constraints on these associates—not really sure why. Of course, this view is based on my experience. Others may see it differently.

That is awesome advice! I hope I started down the right track. The sales assosiate took down my info and is working on getting some additional pieces.

We didn't discuss too many sale items since most of them had already left the store. I did not know about the private sales and it looks like I already missed this round.

On a side note, has anyone noticed the new line of shirts fits smaller? All the large shirts either fit exactly spot on or a little tight which makes me worry about shrinkage in the future.

McSp

Reaction score

This is another word from the one in EU. Unfortunately for us.

JiiPee

Reaction score
I know that they do Private Sales in the Paris RRL store (floor) as well. Usually one week or so before the public sale begins.

Tacosauce

Reaction score
my newest RRL pickup. It wasn't on sale. The associate said it was a core piece, but omg I love the blue!
IMG_0456.JPG

palladio211

Reaction score
I have a size Large Wool/Cashmere sweater/shirt with a sort of western blanket pattern that I have decided to return. Since it's sold out I thought I'd offfer it to anyone here who is interested and missed it during the sale. It retailed for $795 and I paid $522 including tax. I'd sell it for that and include free shipping if someone here wants it. It's unworn with tags. Otherwise I'll mail it back to RRL. PM me if interested.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Popped into the RRL enclave in the RL Mansion, and while they didn't have any Fall 1 stuff, they did have a decent sale section - full size run of the black cat varsity jacket and several other sought after items. Do be warned, though, that the staff there is not -- at least in my experience -- the friendliest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads