• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McSp

Reaction score
Anyone has got this jacket? Thinking of it for the next sales I'd like to know how it fit and comments... It seems very much a replica of the olive one of last SS15.

Senza titolo.jpeg

McSp

Reaction score
Anyone has got this jacket? Thinking of it for the next sales I'd like to know how it fit and comments... It seems very much a replica of the olive one of last SS15.

View attachment 795615
The olive jacket that I'm hunting everywhere since then with no luck at all so far...

thehaag

Reaction score
The olive jacket that I'm hunting everywhere since then with no luck at all so far...
I tried it on the other day in the store and really liked it. Super lightweight material (perfect for spring/summer weather). Fit was pretty slim. Not too boxy. I would have definitely gotten it if it was part of the early sale.

Speaking of sale. Anyone on here happen to be looking for the corduroy collar deck jacket in a large? I was hunting for a medium but it's all sold out. So they sent me I think the last large in the system. I love the jacket. It's just too big. So before I send it back, I figured I'd check to see if anyone on here was trying to get one. PM me if you're interested.

McSp

Reaction score
I tried it on the other day in the store and really liked it. Super lightweight material (perfect for spring/summer weather). Fit was pretty slim. Not too boxy. I would have definitely gotten it if it was part of the early sale.

Speaking of sale. Anyone on here happen to be looking for the corduroy collar deck jacket in a large? I was hunting for a medium but it's all sold out. So they sent me I think the last large in the system. I love the jacket. It's just too big. So before I send it back, I figured I'd check to see if anyone on here was trying to get one. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for the comment, I'll think of this jacket when the sales will start...

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was looking for that deck jacket in a medium too. How big is the large on you?

thehaag

Reaction score
Was looking for that deck jacket in a medium too. How big is the large on you?
Biggest problem for me is the room in the chest. Way too much. Sleeves are of course too long. The shoulders and the length actually aren't that bad.

I love the jacket so I really wanted to make it work. But I can't justify it.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score

View attachment 795615
It's very boxy. Hangs off my shoulders, swallows me around the chest, and arms are wide. But it's a beautiful piece and I'll get it trimmed up through a tailor at some point.
DSC02041.jpg
DSC02027.jpg
DSC02036.jpg

McSp

Reaction score
It's very boxy. Hangs off my shoulders, swallows me around the chest, and arms are wide. But it's a beautiful piece and I'll get it trimmed up through a tailor at some point.
View attachment 795728 View attachment 795727 View attachment 795729
Thank you Bethany, this is a very helpful post indeed!! And the pics are very much helpful too. I was in doubt because I'm in love with the previous SS15 olive jacket but since I don't find it anywhere and thanks to your pics I know that I'll get it. Hope to find one in next sales, seems strange to buy one at full price today... or I'm wrong? :) Thanks again!

Cooly

Reaction score
Thank you Bethany, this is a very helpful post indeed!! And the pics are very much helpful too. I was in doubt because I'm in love with the previous SS15 olive jacket but since I don't find it anywhere and thanks to your pics I know that I'll get it. Hope to find one in next sales, seems strange to buy one at full price today... or I'm wrong? :) Thanks again!
I concur what Bethany said. Was wearing all day today. Boxy, loose, light...wind-breaker-ish (perfect for San Francisco). I also like it because I can stick my hands in the pockets when wearing....

palladio211

Reaction score
First sale pickup. Great weight for summer definitely. Feel like it runs kind of small. Im 6"2 and it feels short in length but i know sizing up probably wouldnt increase that in a considerable amount. I get its the style just rather the jacket sit below my belt line not on it. Debating if ill keep or not

View attachment 794447

This design is based on a military issue flight jacket. Flight jackets are usually cut so they sit at or just above the beltline. That way they don't buch up or interfere with a seat/parachute harness when worn seated in the cockpit. That probably doesn't help your dilemma, but at least you know the design is faithful to the originals. My Navy issue Nomex jacket (I flew fighters many years ago) looks like the one you bought, other than it is has a front zipper instead of buttons.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads