• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stonewall1614

Reaction score
Guys,

I ordered a 33x30 Low Straight Once wash and they are small.

I have 2 pairs of 33x30 low straight raw and some in the same size in the washes, but these are the new batch with a different sizing tag. Did they change the denim sizing recently?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,

I ordered a 33x30 Low Straight Once wash and they are small.

I have 2 pairs of 33x30 low straight raw and some in the same size in the washes, but these are the new batch with a different sizing tag. Did they change the denim sizing recently?

I order a pair of low straights on the advice of others in 32 - same as all my officer chinos - and they are waaaaay too small. Have a pair of 34 enroute so hoping for better luck. Curious to hear if something changed.

stonewall1614

Reaction score
Has anyone been noticing that some denim is now starting to go more towards a True to size fit. This would be great if only they would just stay consistent. I have always fit perfect in a 33 waist in the slim fit washed denim, but recently I had to go up to a 34 in the Fairview jeans in order to get the same measurements. Was this an anomaly? or have other had the same experience with the new denim?

Related... I picked up some of the low straight rigids from the past sale and received the older stock version made of the Japanese denim. Does anyone that has the American cone denim rigid low straights find that they run different size wise to the Japanese version?

I just ordered a low straight 33x30 and noticed it was so small. I have been buying rrl for a few years and that saize always worked. Looks like they changed the fit and went to true to size.

koidragon

Reaction score

I just ordered a low straight 33x30 and noticed it was so small. I have been buying rrl for a few years and that saize always worked. Looks like they changed the fit and went to true to size.

Yep that seems to be my experience this year with the denim at least.
If I'm gonna buy something from the website these days , I usually call a brick and mortar store first and have them measure it for me first. Saves a lot of time and aggravation.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
How did the Nevada Slim Narrows work out for the folks that picked them up?
They only had 32x34 when that sale hit and I was too lazy to just grab them and have them hemmed.

I have a pair of the black wash slim narrows from last spring that I picked up in the sale. I never thought they would fit, but they stretched significantly and I now find them quite comfortable.

koidragon

Reaction score

They only had 32x34 when that sale hit and I was too lazy to just grab them and have them hemmed.

I have a pair of the black wash slim narrows from last spring that I picked up in the sale. I never thought they would fit, but they stretched significantly and I now find them quite comfortable.

Mine went back.... I could get in them, but it made my wife laugh, I really liked the wash though. Guess I'll wait till they do that wash in the slim fit or Low Straight again.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll admit that for years I pronounced it "R" "R" "L" as I live in a smallish area with no official RL presence other than Polo at Macy's.  Still catch myself from saying it every now and then.

Ditto, except for the smallish area part. :embar:

re: stuff we regret missing out on, I really regret missing out on the gambler jacket from several years ago. I think there have been a couple versions (a suede one and fur collar version), but the regular grain leather version (not sure what type of hide it was) looked fantastic:

It's funny, it's relatively easy to find a leather type 3 but pretty hard to find a leather 101J repro. High Large Leathers in Japan has a couple of models (not sure what the difference is among Jones, Mustang, and Moore), but they're kinda $$$: http://www.barnstormer.jp/product/list.php?cat=39&page=1

I was curious so I searched my old orders. I got mine in dec 2011. Surprised to see I only paid $650. Not sure if it was first markdown but it was also the days of the constant 10% stackable bizrate coupon. RRL leathers sure have gone up in price since then.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score

I like mine, and I'll see if I can get a fit up at some point. I did size up from my usual 32X34 in RRL denim and went with a 34X34, which in the end I felt was needed. Not sure I would have been able to get my thighs into the 32X34's, which is pretty funny since my legs are relatively thin.

I too have found as others that this past season brought some sizing changes. The pants have been moving more in the direction of true to size, though this is not by any means consistent. Being that I have thin legs I appreciated the fits of the recent wool-blend trousers (picked up the herringbone and striped pairs for work) which seem to feature a nice taper from the knee down. I also like that there are more 'slim fit' options, as previously I couldn't buy much in terms of RRL shirting as I would have to size up to make the sleeves work, only to have it look like I was wearing a trash bag.

Last edited:

Cooly

Reaction score
Anybody picked up any Spring items yet?
Yeah...picked up this drab green sweater...and love it..wore it today... w/ the dress chambray shirt underneath ..I really like the color and the fact its a bit thinner than most RRL sweaters ....you can wear it with anything...but looks really good with black denim and/or the dark green-cast denim (which I wore it with today):

Last edited:

Barth

Reaction score
Yes - just received it and it's awesome. Though it's a bit short in the body for a tall man and I'm a little worried about the warning that indigo will rub off.

Anyone have an opinion on the shawl collar indigo cotton/wool cardigan from this season?

I'd post a pic, but there's no way to access sold out items from the website. Speaking of which, I wish they'd leave up the whole year's collection online and simply mark items as "sold out".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads