• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boxdok

Reaction score
The repaired denim western doesn't look like that in person. The repair are a lot more subtle and the big block repairs at the bottom are not there. It's still a nice shirt that I will be getting once it goes 40 percent off.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The repaired denim western doesn't look like that in person. The repair are a lot more subtle and the big block repairs at the bottom are not there. It's still a nice shirt that I will be getting once it goes 40 percent off.

its already almost sold out.....?

unionofcraft

Reaction score
Lately I've been buying things that have '1 remaining' and then a couple of days later find that its been restocked. I think it might be a marketing tactic that they're using to drive sales.

Bethany Heck

Reaction score

Thank you for the heads up! I really like the repairs at the bottom, shame they got rid of them.

roknrolusa

Reaction score
Lately I've been buying things that have '1 remaining' and then a couple of days later find that its been restocked. I think it might be a marketing tactic that they're using to drive sales.
I've bought several item's listed as 1 remaining. Had to proxy a big ticket out of the UK then found the French sale had one, the others never showed back in stock. At least the UK and Euro sites show "Item located in stock" after ordering where as the US never does. I'm curious if that's always true or not. Having to wait a few days only to find out you're not getting something and missing out on a 2nd pick is not fun.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had an order a few weeks ago say "Item located in stock" then be canceled a couple days later.

pvoytko

Reaction score
thinking about trying borderlinx for proxying off the UK website. it looks like their sale kicker hasn't hit like ours yet though so i think im gonna wait a bit more

has anyone used it before?

unionofcraft

Reaction score

Well this has just put me off buying the denim Grizzly.

boxdok

Reaction score
LOL. its actually a really nice piece. It really stands out. I already have like 5 denim jackets that is making me hesitant on it. probably my favorite piece along with the washed camo cargo pants.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I'll admit that for years I pronounced it "R" "R" "L" as I live in a smallish area with no official RL presence other than Polo at Macy's.  Still catch myself from saying it every now and then.

Ditto, except for the smallish area part. :embar:

re: stuff we regret missing out on, I really regret missing out on the gambler jacket from several years ago. I think there have been a couple versions (a suede one and fur collar version), but the regular grain leather version (not sure what type of hide it was) looked fantastic:

It's funny, it's relatively easy to find a leather type 3 but pretty hard to find a leather 101J repro. High Large Leathers in Japan has a couple of models (not sure what the difference is among Jones, Mustang, and Moore), but they're kinda $$$: http://www.barnstormer.jp/product/list.php?cat=39&page=1

papillo

Reaction score

Well this has just put me off buying the denim Grizzly.

lol Drizzy in a demin Grizzly

Ditto, except for the smallish area part.
shog[1].gif

re: stuff we regret missing out on, I really regret missing out on the gambler jacket from several years ago. I think there have been a couple versions (a suede one and fur collar version), but the regular grain leather version (not sure what type of hide it was) looked fantastic:

It's funny, it's relatively easy to find a leather type 3 but pretty hard to find a leather 101J repro. High Large Leathers in Japan has a couple of models (not sure what the difference is among Jones, Mustang, and Moore), but they're kinda $$$: http://www.barnstormer.jp/product/list.php?cat=39&page=1

Nice piece. Is this the one that Bethany owns? and got stained by rain a few weeks ago?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads