• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Question:

Is "Ralph Lauren Country" the predecessor of RRL? I am an eyeing a shirt that is being advertised as "vintage from the 90s" and the label says "Ralph Lauren Country", which I haven't seen before. The shirt is in good condition and priced at $120.

It all looks and sounds good to me, but curious about what the experts here think, especially because of the "Country" label which I am unfamiliar with.
Yes it is - but watch the 90s cut…

kurdo

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Well, it's an aloha-style shirt, so it's okay if it is baggier than usual, mostly interested in it for comfort and its design. Is the asking price usual for "vintage" Country-label shirts?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It still exists as a sub-brand of Polo. As noted, this sucker runs huge.
In general, the items seem to be a notch above general mall level Polo stuff.
s7-1450002_lifestyle

There was also Polo Western. RRL did a limited reissue of a few items 5 or 6 years ago.
s7-1265180_lifestyle-jpeg.1747120

Bamaboots

Reaction score
It still exists as a sub-brand of Polo. As noted, this sucker runs huge.
In general, the items seem to be a notch above general mall level Polo stuff.
s7-1450002_lifestyle

There was also Polo Western. RRL did a limited reissue of a few items 5 or 6 years ago.
s7-1265180_lifestyle-jpeg.1747120
I think the reissue stuff was much more RRL like. Most of the Polo Western line was made by Gap and sucked.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the reissue stuff was much more RRL like. Most of the Polo Western line was made by Gap and sucked.
Does that go for Denim & Supply as well?

kurdo

Reaction score
Also, "Ralph Lauren Country" is women's. "Polo Ralph Lauren Country" or "Polo Country" is men's.
Ah, good to know. I skipped that shirt. Will stick to what I know fits good, for now :D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads