• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered this jacquard shirt but haven't received it yet. Anyone else get it? How do you like it? I don't have any colorful pieces in my wardrobe, so I look forward to this one.

Also, I recently discovered size "S" fits and suits me better, so I am a bit sad because I have been getting size "M" clothing forever. Now that I know my true fit, 90% of my wardrobe seems worthless :(

View attachment 1965201

It's kind of lightweight compared to other super heavy RRL jacquard shirts. But more or less a normal weight shirt. It also fits big. Like overshirt big.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
I ordered this jacquard shirt but haven't received it yet. Anyone else get it? How do you like it? I don't have any colorful pieces in my wardrobe, so I look forward to this one.

Also, I recently discovered size "S" fits and suits me better, so I am a bit sad because I have been getting size "M" clothing forever. Now that I know my true fit, 90% of my wardrobe seems worthless :(

View attachment 1965201

I have been there too - many shirts fit on a bespike basis, and just buying one size makes them oftentimes feel like tents. ⛺️

kurdo

Reaction score
I saw it in the store and passed - it went over the “trying to hard” / circus clown mark. That’s just me though.
I can definitely see that (it being a bit clownish). That's why I was a bit hesitant, but ordered it anyway. Will give it a shot, my wardrobe is way too navy blue :p.

kurdo

Reaction score
Edit: found them on a different website using reverse image search :)

Does anyone know whether the shirts visible on the following "Purple Label" product pages are available for purchase?

Textured dobby short
Textured dobby short 2

I can't find them on Ralph Lauren's European website. Asking here because I couldn't find a general Purple Label thread.

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 14.45.09.png

Leroy74

Reaction score

View attachment 1965201
Save the Ms for when you get a little older. You don’t meet many 45 year old smalls 😂😂

kurdo

Reaction score
Save the Ms for when you get a little older. You don’t meet many 45 year old smalls 😂😂
I won't get rid off them. Most of them do fit well because I do have a big chest. I was quite fat as a kid, but I lost all excessive weight over a decade ago. However, I have kept buying size "M" clothing out of habit.

Of course, it's possible the recent "S"-sized shirts fitting perfectly may be the exception. I ordered a size smaller because "M" was no longer available. I would have probably kept on buying size "M" clothing for years, always being contend, if it was in stock :p.

michaelvl

Reaction score
I won't get rid off them. Most of them do fit well because I do have a big chest. I was quite fat as a kid, but I lost all excessive weight over a decade ago. However, I have kept buying size "M" clothing out of habit.

Of course, it's possible the recent "S"-sized shirts fitting perfectly may be the exception. I ordered a size smaller because "M" was no longer available. I would have probably kept on buying size "M" clothing for years, always being contend, if it was in stock :p.
If for whatever reason you'd still want one in size M, it is on sale over at Breuninger at 29% discount, all sizes still available!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RRL slim narrow bedford cords, hat. Polo leather shirt jacket. Vibergs.
leathershirtjacket.jpg

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Edit: found them on a different website using reverse image search :)

Does anyone know whether the shirts visible on the following "Purple Label" product pages are available for purchase?

Textured dobby short
Textured dobby short 2

I can't find them on Ralph Lauren's European website. Asking here because I couldn't find a general Purple Label thread.

View attachment 1965457

You will be stunned at the rlpl pricing of this gem. I would visit your local consignment shop first.

kurdo

Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol, true.. Although I was a size S a few years longer than that, I started wearing M more because of comfort than fact that I was popping buttons off of shirt fronts. I still find I buy a size S about 1/4 of the time, mainly because of the way a shirt fits, but you cannot stop the march of middle-aged spread :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads