• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody know when this jacket released?
oakwoodjacket.png

Spring 2021.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Black leather car coat from 10+ years ago, green plaid corduroy shirt from last season, 501s, Viberg boots. That coat is the first and only time I've found anything RRL, other than some shirts, at the outlet.
carcoat.jpg

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Black leather car coat from 10+ years ago, green plaid corduroy shirt from last season, 501s, Viberg boots. That coat is the first and only time I've found anything RRL, other than some shirts, at the outlet.
View attachment 1926765
The coat is wearing well! I’ve found the car coats to have varying fits, oddly - this one does you well 🔥

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grandma boobs aside, as a fellow Medium , how did it fit? Would it be loose enough to wear over workshirts or would I need to size up for layering?

lol, if I would have bought it, I would have bought the M

(edited, see next one)

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I might wait until I can get in a shop and try it on then. I'm a M'large in many recent items as I always feel the mediums are a smidge too short and I wish they had a tiny bit more breathing room and the larges look like I'm a little boy wearing Daddy's jacket. Occasionally though sizing up works for me.

Ahhh, if you're a M'large, I'd definitely size up to the L. I am the reverse, a S'medium, and probably buy the S 1/3 of the time, and size up to M the other 2/3

Leroy74

Reaction score
Ahhh, if you're a M'large, I'd definitely size up to the L. I am the reverse, a S'medium, and probably buy the S 1/3 of the time, and size up to M the other 2/3
Thanks! I used to be a s'medium a few years back. It feels like the difference in a lot of RRL items between a small and medium isnt as drastic for some reason as the difference between a medium and large....especially in work shirts. No idea why that is.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! I used to be a s'medium a few years back. It feels like the difference in a lot of RRL items between a small and medium isnt as drastic for some reason as the difference between a medium and large....especially in work shirts. No idea why that is.

Yeah, I actually noticed that also. I tried the white embroidered western shirt a couple of weeks back (I posted it a few pages ago) and since the M was a perfect fit, but fabric felt like it could shrink a bit, before I dropped $500 on a shirt, I wanted to try the L. The L literally fit like it was an XL compared to the M, so I stuck with the M, but I really don't know why the huge step up from M to L, at least when compared to S to M

Leroy74

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually noticed that also. I tried the white embroidered western shirt a couple of weeks back (I posted it a few pages ago) and since the M was a perfect fit, but fabric felt like it could shrink a bit, before I dropped $500 on a shirt, I wanted to try the L. The L literally fit like it was an XL compared to the M, so I stuck with the M, but I really don't know why the huge step up from M to L, at least when compared to S to M
So I was actually at a regular RL store yesterday that sometimes carries Double RL and I mentioned this issue to the SA and he told me that RL adjusted Smalls & Mediums for the asian market as those 2 sizes are 90% of whats sold over there. Not 100% sure if he had corporate insight or that was just his theory, but interesting nonetheless. As someone who's been buying double rl off and on for the last 10 or 11 years, there is definitely something weird with the sizing and its not just the few extra pounds Ive probably put on over the last few years.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
So I was actually at a regular RL store yesterday that sometimes carries Double RL and I mentioned this issue to the SA and he told me that RL adjusted Smalls & Mediums for the asian market as those 2 sizes are 90% of whats sold over there. Not 100% sure if he had corporate insight or that was just his theory, but interesting nonetheless. As someone who's been buying double rl off and on for the last 10 or 11 years, there is definitely something weird with the sizing and its not just the few extra pounds Ive probably put on over the last few years.
Very interesting. I did realize that size smalls did start to fit me alot better over the years haha I’m Korean 5’7 128lbs and…..I must say….I’m happy about it 😁😁

Leroy74

Reaction score
Very interesting. I did realize that size smalls did start to fit me alot better over the years haha I’m Korean 5’7 128lbs and…..I must say….I’m happy about it 😁😁
Curse this damned lanky Caucasian torso!!!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But still weird how the delta from small to medium is miniscule, but then delta from M to L seems enormous in relative terms. Best bet for some might be to buy the L and have a seamstress or tailor alter to fit, but geez, would it be that much harder to just make the step up between sizes a little more consistent?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads