• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leroy74

Reaction score
Tried it on but I could not get over the image that those pockets were perfectly placed to bring to mind grandma boobs, so put it back..
Grandma boobs aside, as a fellow Medium , how did it fit? Would it be loose enough to wear over workshirts or would I need to size up for layering?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went in today to pick up some alterations, and they’d had some of new spring stuff in. Really impressed with this year’s stuff for first time in a few years:
The jacquard work shirt is so nice. What's the fabric like on it; beefy?

Mollysdad

Reaction score
I replaced the cheap RRL boot jack with these two fine items - both 🔥

381BC9A0-5398-4FFA-B1C0-81C3E22C521C.jpeg

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Indigo checked linen/cotton jacket in person yet? Looks right up my alley
View attachment 1925625
The “Palaka” jacket is actually one of the only new items I tried on from the new Spring drop. I have been searching for a similar type of jacket for a while. In my opinion, this is a nice light jacket to wear in mild weather and it’s a diversion from the majority of western and/or work wear offerings which Ralph seems to be endlessly repeating year after year. The jacket has got a great authentic vintage feel and I also think it will be easy to style without looking too ‘dress up‘. It looks vintage and is also pretty hard to find …. this is why I buy Double RL.
I’m a medium and on me the jacket fits a bit tight even though I can still zip it. So I would suggest sizing up to a large for a loser easy fit if you intend to zip it up. Personally, I’m pretty comfortable waiting this one out till the sale because I think it just might be this season’s sleeper that will be over looked.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The “Palaka” jacket is actually one of the only new items I tried on from the new Spring drop. I have been searching for a similar type of jacket for a while. In my opinion, this is a nice light jacket to wear in mild weather and it’s a diversion from the majority of western and/or work wear offerings which Ralph seems to be endlessly repeating year after year. The jacket has got a great authentic vintage feel and I also think it will be easy to style without looking too ‘dress up‘. It looks vintage and is also pretty hard to find …. this is why I buy Double RL.
I’m a medium and on me the jacket fits a bit tight even though I can still zip it. So I would suggest sizing up to a large for a loser easy fit if you intend to zip it up. Personally, I’m pretty comfortable waiting this one out till the sale because I think it just might be this season’s sleeper that will be over looked.

I'm on the fence about it but it's $440 shipped from Canoe Club right now with styleforumlove25 code.

Leroy74

Reaction score
I appreciate it. I might wait until I can get in a shop and try it on then. I'm a M'large in many recent items as I always feel the mediums are a smidge too short and I wish they had a tiny bit more breathing room and the larges look like I'm a little boy wearing Daddy's jacket. Occasionally though sizing up works for me.

Leroy74

Reaction score
And sorry, Lotuspath, I meant to quote you but for whatever reason that didn't come through. Thanks for the detailed response. Looks wise, I agree that that is exactly why I find that jacket so appealing.

Dagger75

Reaction score
Anybody know when this jacket released?

Attachments

• D4B8011D-FD89-4672-9B87-DEE1F48A397A.png
    D4B8011D-FD89-4672-9B87-DEE1F48A397A.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 74

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads