• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good buys! Do you get a discount, or are you just impatient for the sale in June - man - that’s far away…

No discount I’m afraid, and I have bad luck with sales, since I’m a M, they almost always seem to sell out immediately. Note of caution. The embroidered one fits slimmer than most, and I actually tried a L but the distance between the M and L was enormous so went with the M. If anyone is in between, the M might be too small

Mollysdad

Reaction score
This one is 🔥 too.
4483C2CB-C8E4-46FB-B535-50B9428A8669.png

hyunbin09

Reaction score
RRL faux shearling jacket, surplus cargo pants, Tricker's boots.
How’s the jacket? Been eying it since I love my jungle cloth deck but it’s essentially unlined and not warm. Is this worth the extra $$?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How’s the jacket? Been eying it since I love my jungle cloth deck but it’s essentially unlined and not warm. Is this worth the extra $$?
I like it well enough. It's not a must buy but it's plenty cozy. Color is listed as "deep navy" but sure seems like black. You have to hold it up against something known to be black to see that it's not. It was about 44F this morning when pic was taken and jacket was plenty warm bordering on too warm (although I did have a sweatshirt on underneath). Only problem with it is it's not the best for in the wet but that's more a problem in Seattle. You should definitely get it /enabling.

what season are the cargos?
I got them in 2021 but I think they're the same as the current black surplus cargoes.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I tried that one on and loved it, all but the length. I'm a little over 6' (which I know is not much above average), but the coat just seemed short on me. It's a really nice, well-made coat, with a great feel to it, but in the end, I couldn't get past the shortness. I have the same issue with their current denim jackets also, and ended up getting rid of both the blue and black denim after months of debating whether or not they were too short

Dagger75

Reaction score
Anybody know when this jacket came out? Or also has it just picked this up and a new pair of low straight midvale denim pants from the thrift store

Attachments

• 75112C7B-58C9-465A-9DE5-6537AEC49BA5.png
    75112C7B-58C9-465A-9DE5-6537AEC49BA5.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 117

reditalia592

Reaction score
Doe anyone know of any good Japanese (or other Asian countries gor that matter) boutiques that specialize in archival RRL clothes, that aren't on the Yahoo! Japan auction site? I know there's Garyu and Rhythm-fuk, but I don't know any others. Thanks!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Canoe Club has a 25% code. styleforumlove25

They’ve got a few new season things. Also, no sales tax.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads