• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kurdo

Reaction score
I only recently got into RRL, but I am already in love with this brand. I don't think I will be buying anything else for a while. I think I have around 15-20 pieces, but this dress shirt and the red oil cloth jacket from the most recent season are among my favorite pieces :). Also love the RRL jeans, don't think I'll be going back to Levi's.

VideoCapture_20230129-202200.png

Attachments

• 20221223_163232.jpg
    20221223_163232.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 86

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Few more pics. If you’ve never been to Big Bend (given remoteness I assume that means most), it’s a beautiful place. Darkest night skies in the lower 48, and just a beautiful place. These pics aren’t Big Bend, but about 90 minutes north of there

4EC821EB-EB8F-46B0-98D8-9081370F6B4C.jpeg
F2AE1556-EEC2-4D00-8305-0326F310507E.jpeg
8320C192-B881-4653-8D76-2257C63D50A7.jpeg

hyunbin09

Reaction score
I only recently got into RRL, but I am already in love with this brand. I don't think I will be buying anything else for a while. I think I have around 15-20 pieces, but this dress shirt and the red oil cloth jacket from the most recent season are among my favorite pieces :). Also love the RRL jeans, don't think I'll be going back to Levi's.

I can’t ever go back to any other jeans. I’m used to Japanese denim such as PBJ, Samurai etc etc and RRL jeans just fit perfect. Never guessing about fit and quality is just always amazing.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can’t ever go back to any other jeans. I’m used to Japanese denim such as PBJ, Samurai etc etc and RRL jeans just fit perfect. Never guessing about fit and quality is just always amazing.

Be careful with this assumption about never guessing about fit! I have RRL jeans ranging in size from 30 to 33 depending on cut, so making this assumption can sometimes lead to disappointment.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Be careful with this assumption about never guessing about fit! I have RRL jeans ranging in size from 30 to 33 depending on cut, so making this assumption can sometimes lead to disappointment.
Yes, for many this seems to be the case. I’m a size 28 across the board and have never been disappointed for the past 10 or so years…but it might just be my mindset that some alteration is always needed haha I’m 5’7 128 lbs fyi 😓😂

Last edited:

kurdo

Reaction score

There's a very noticeable difference in quality (for the better, obviously). So far, the fits have been perfect as well. I don't remember how I discovered RRL because I am not really that much into fashion, but glad that I did discover it. I don't think this brand of Ralph Lauren is very well known in the Netherlands. It isn't carried by the main high-end fashion stores, just by a select few smaller stores here and there.

jmiller123

Reaction score
I'd really like to try some RRL jeans but I have a hard time with the logo being on the pocket. Not sure why it bothers me. I might bite the bullet and try out their straight fit though. My go-to's have been various washes of the LVC 1947 cut and warehouse 1001's/800's which are also great.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd really like to try some RRL jeans but I have a hard time with the logo being on the pocket. Not sure why it bothers me. I might bite the bullet and try out their straight fit though. My go-to's have been various washes of the LVC 1947 cut and warehouse 1001's/800's which are also great.

Assume you mean the stitched logo on coin pocket, which can actually be very subtle, depending on what wash you get. My main grievance with the brand is that most of their washes are now an over $500 proposition (with sale taxes), so while I used to be good for 4 or 5 pair a year when I first started buying in 2010, I might buy one pair a year now when I am really blown away by the wash.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant. I agree with you on price- that's my issue with the brand in its entirety. I find most of their stuff too expensive at retail price when there are alternatives that offer a similar quality or look for at times, much less. 200-300 for jeans seems much more reasonable. I'm a sucker for the RRL storytelling though.

tweedlover

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant. I agree with you on price- that's my issue with the brand in its entirety. I find most of their stuff too expensive at retail price when there are alternatives that offer a similar quality or look for at times, much less. 200-300 for jeans seems much more reasonable. I'm a sucker for the RRL storytelling though.
$50 or less is even more reasonable.:D

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eBay is your friend, think I have only purchased some shirt jacket and chino from Mansion or the West Broadway store everything else is eBay/Poshmark/Grailed/TRR etc…

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Just noticed the sewing in my limited straights hides the selvedge on one of the legs 😭
20230131_090158.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads