• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
It seems like Ralph would like all the Spring-Summer items gone by like ….. yesterday. Because, even though the Summer sale only just started last week, the in-store sale (Spring + Summer) items are now an additional 25% off. Don’t know what’s happening on the website in terms of an additional markdown, but the new Fall Season items are already hitting the store so I suspect the S/S stuff will be shipped to the warehouse sometime in the very near future. Giddy up

Mollysdad

Reaction score
It seems like Ralph would like all the Spring-Summer items gone by like ….. yesterday. Because, even though the Summer sale only just started last week, the in-store sale (Spring + Summer) items are now an additional 25% off. Don’t know what’s happening on the website in terms of an additional markdown, but the new Fall Season items are already hitting the store. Giddy up

time to get those price matches…

Mollysdad

Reaction score
the hb trousers and boots look real fine together!

🙏🏽
761D01FC-827F-4583-BB47-696C7AAF80C4.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Do you recognize this arm?

One of the former SA from the Brooklyn store is now working on the Vintage Collection items offered online. John is a super great guy and really knows his stuff when it comes to vintage.
John was also one of the people featured about two years ago in Clutch Magazine book “Fashion Portrait New York’“ by fashion photographer Lisa Kato. The volume is a sort of who’s who yearbook of the NYC vintage fashion scene (sorry no Mr Ralph Lauren or Todd Snyder included).

BTW ..... that is Sunday, another super cool former Brooklyn RRL Sales Associate (vintage authority) on the cover. Sunday used to work for the TV show “American Pickers” and is a movie consultant for 1930‘s and 1940’s clothing.

Oh yeah ..... but whose distinguished arm is that in John’s IG photo anyway? Hmmmm ..... I wonder?

Last year I asked the question ….. “Do you recognize this arm?”
As much as I enjoy wearing RRL, I also happen to think all the people I have known with the brand are also great and unique. Usually when I meet a new sales associate I’ll ask them, “What’s your super power?” There are associates who are DJays, watch connoisseurs, an artist now selling out shows in London, or started his own clothing line, RRL models, denim repair artisans and more than a couple are vintage experts. Last year’s post was actually about Jon a former sales associate in B’klyn who for a while was my go-to-guy for RRL product and vintage styling opinions. I could easily talk for half an hour with Jon about vintage jewelry and clothing and never even mention the new RRL Fall season. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable.
That arm I asked about last year belongs to none other than Doug Bihlmaier. As I pointed out last year, Jon has teamed up with Doug to come up with the authentic vintage pieces you see in the stores and online in the Ralph Lauren Vintage Shop.
I know a bunch of vintagers who know Doug and the topic sometimes comes up …. surely Doug has got to retire someday ….. no? A recent IG photo of Doug and Jon at a Southwest antique show

Last edited:

AMidwestMan

Reaction score
those sateen pants are so nice! How thin is the material?
They are thin which makes them comfortable on warmer days. They almost feel the way a quality made t shirt feels. There are rivets in the usual stress points.

owlsgohoo

Reaction score
has anyone purchased the denim grizzly yet? really want to see how it looks and if it’s made in mexico like the last one.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
has anyone purchased the denim grizzly yet? really want to see how it looks and if it’s made in mexico like the last one.

I had the black version and my wife picked up the womens version. Can’t remember where it’s made, but awesome jacket. Will for sure keep you warm. Blanket lined and grizzly shearling on top of denim? Sleeves are lined in satin as well. Overall for what went into the jacket, price point isn’t bad. My 2 cents

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads