• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not sure it’s elastic but could easily be.

I have an A2 jacket so similarish style. The cuffs are 86% wool, 13% nylon, 1% elastane and the body hem is 100% wool. I wouldn't worry too much about them stretching since they came pretty stretched out to begin with. What I would worry about (a little) is moths. I got a few moth holes. I stitched them up with needle and thread and called it patina.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Any opinions on this one? I really like the style of B-1 jacket. View attachment 1798797
I've never had an issue with elastic stretching on my military jackets, however if you're going to pony up that kind of coin I would suggest an Eastman leather or real McCoy instead

Mollysdad

Reaction score
I have RRL and Levi’s vintage and aero leather - they all have their benefits - RRL had a little more styling flair overall, and more western influence, of course 🙏🏽🔥🙏🏽

pvoytko

Reaction score
I got these pair of RRL boots on eBay and I’ve been trying to get some info on them. Does anybody know what model they are?

View attachment 1797428
View attachment 1797429

great find

those are actually called the belloq boots

named after indiana jones arch nemesis...

...now you can kind of understand the styling

i bought a pair at woodbury commons in like 09-2010

qfise

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with elastic stretching on my military jackets, however if you're going to pony up that kind of coin I would suggest an Eastman leather or real McCoy instead

Are their jackets nicer than this one? All of them are in the same price range but RRL one has this vintage-y style

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Are their jackets nicer than this one? All of them are in the same price range but RRL one has this vintage-y style
It will be subjective but if you break down the components from each brand, RRL will be giving you the least "quality" across the brands for the leather, lining, hardware etc. What you get with rrl is the brand name which we obviously love and the vintage appearance which to some people is worth more than those other things I mentioned.

I just haven't been a fan of rrl leathers in recent years due to the thin materials and a smell I would attribute to a rubber factory

Bing75

Reaction score
I'm really liking this atm

s7-1430196_lifestyle

AMidwestMan

Reaction score
The wife says I look like I just busted out of Shawshank prison lol but I don’t care bc the hbt field pants and denim shirt are perfect combo. I was on the fence about getting the shirt as i was debating between rrl and another brand but really dig the weathering rrl does on its denim.
71F6E6B1-C698-48C6-8FC7-9F4A975983B5.jpeg

carlos20co

Reaction score
great find

those are actually called the belloq boots

named after indiana jones arch nemesis...

...now you can kind of understand the styling

i bought a pair at woodbury commons in like 09-2010

Nice, so these should be at least some 10 years old, no wonder the sole felt stiff. They've softened a little bit with use, I just hope the soles dont't crack and I have to send them for a resole. Great boots though, I specially like how strong and tough the leather feels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads