• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking to pick up my first RRL item (waffle -knit short sleeve henley) and wondering if/when there are discounts to be had from the RL website? Or if anyone recommends order the item from another retailer...

Thanks!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking to pick up my first RRL item (waffle -knit short sleeve henley) and wondering if/when there are discounts to be had from the RL website? Or if anyone recommends order the item from another retailer...

Thanks!

There's a RRL sale going on right now on the RL site but I don't see any short sleeve henleys on sale.
Those aren't a seasonal item so they don't go on sale as often. Sometimes retailers offer a blanket 20% or something like that which would be your best bet. But those henleys are $125 so you're look at about $100 and depending upon the retailer, plus tax and shipping. I think Stag Provision offers 15% for first time orders and they also have the indigo henley which is nice but $165. RL site has free ship and returns if you're not sure of size.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Feedback on a few items I grabbed from the current sale.

Grabbed the Coral Slim Fit Printed Western and the Sunset Orange Slim Fit Plaid Western and both are going back. Both are incredibly slim so, if interested in either, consider sizing up. I can usually take a slim fit in my regular size but these were borderline too tight for me. Both are described as lightweight poplin and they are indeed summer-weight lightweight. The Sunset Orange is the most lightweight -- the fabric is comparable to the Plaid Twill Camp Shirt.

On the Coral Printed, I actually didn't mind the printing (although the missus wasn't a fan) -- it was the embroidery stitching that was too much for me. The color is pretty great so this would be a good pickup for gents who (a) live in a warm climate, and (b) like some flash. The Sunset Orange has a red accent in the plaid that I think takes away from the orange. I'll note that the missus wants me to keep this one.

Also grabbed the Dusty Teal Slim Fit Embroidered Denim Western for $70 more than the Coral Printed Western and the difference in quality is almost an order of magnitude. Thicker Japanese garment-dyed twill, slimmer-but-not-too-slim cut, great indigo repairs, and the embroidery isn't nearly as flamboyant as the Coral Western. A keeper for sure.

The Engine Patchwork-Print Indigo Twill Workshirt is fantastic. Really great print, fabric and indigo coloring. Struggling with the $424 price tag so it may go back. A tough one because I really love it.

Have to echo @shryver's thoughts on the Teal Garment-Dyed Twill Field Pants. Love the fabric and color but not sure the high rise and full-cut does me any favors. Still playing around with them.

I've got the High Slim Fit Hand-Repaired Jeans on the way.

If anyone wants pics of anything before they go back, let me know.

Last edited:

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
Ha, I know the feeling, I also have a few RRL sweatshirts and they seem to be inconsistent, I either love or hate them. The red hoodie is firmly in the “love” category though— it’s super soft and fits great, the hood itself is very robust and is perfectly snug without being too constricting. FWIW I’ve had the best luck sizing up on RRL sweatshirts.

i concur, the zip hoodies are super thin, when it comes to plain hoodies and t shirts, I recommend madewell. The hoodies have a nice weight to them, the t shirts are lightweight but durable with a nice drape. They come in similar faded washes, the sizing is slightly big. Most important, the cost is 1/4 the price if not more.

shryver

Reaction score
Have to echo @shryver's thoughts on the Teal Garment-Dyed Twill Field Pants. Love the fabric and color but not sure the high rise and full-cut does me any favors. Still playing around with them.

Great reviews! I did elect to keep the teal pants but will have them taken in a little bit, still a straight leg but just not to the extreme.

i concur, the zip hoodies are super thin, when it comes to plain hoodies and t shirts, I recommend madewell. The hoodies have a nice weight to them, the t shirts are lightweight but durable with a nice drape. They come in similar faded washes, the sizing is slightly big. Most important, the cost is 1/4 the price if not more.

Thanks for the madewell rec! I have the navy RRL zip hoodie and really like the fit but yes it is very thin

inTROYspection

Reaction score
There's a RRL sale going on right now on the RL site but I don't see any short sleeve henleys on sale.
Those aren't a seasonal item so they don't go on sale as often. Sometimes retailers offer a blanket 20% or something like that which would be your best bet. But those henleys are $125 so you're look at about $100 and depending upon the retailer, plus tax and shipping. I think Stag Provision offers 15% for first time orders and they also have the indigo henley which is nice but $165. RL site has free ship and returns if you're not sure of size.

That's really helpful. Thanks so much for your response!

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to find the words for this RRL fleece. It's cozy, and warm, and feels like a hug from your favorite material (it's very close to cashmere feel). Ralph drops more colorways in this and I'll buy them all. Also pictured are the coated twill pants (with quoddy blucher)

20220116_164812.jpg
20220116_164820.jpg

Last edited:

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Dumb question, What’s high slim?

haha not dumb bro! It’s just a higher rise compared to the low rise for the standard slim fit. However, the high slim is more of a relaxed taper similar to the relax taper pure blue Japan offers. Probably my favorite fit next to the straight leg fit they offer.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like I should give a try, are they TTS or downsize 2 like low straight (30 take 28)

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is more RL (Polo RL and D&S RL) than RRL but wanted to share this Southwestern blanket-lined Polo RL chore coat picked up from @jhcam8 at his recommendation. Good stuff, and good reminder there are decent RRL-esque pieces in Polo RL if you keep your eye out.

Looking good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads