• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pvoytko

Reaction score
hows that red hoodie?

i own both RRL logo hoodies in red and black and they're both very disappointing for the money.

i knew that after i bought the first one
...and proceeded to buy the second

?

shryver

Reaction score
hows that red hoodie?

i own both RRL logo hoodies in red and black and they're both very disappointing for the money.

?

Ha, I know the feeling, I also have a few RRL sweatshirts and they seem to be inconsistent, I either love or hate them. The red hoodie is firmly in the “love” category though— it’s super soft and fits great, the hood itself is very robust and is perfectly snug without being too constricting. FWIW I’ve had the best luck sizing up on RRL sweatshirts.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hows that red hoodie?

?
Curious what you don't like about them. I mean yeah they're pretty expensive for a sweatshirt and the 2 pockets vs one kangaroo pocket thing kind of bugs me but they're what I expected.

Last edited:

pvoytko

Reaction score
Curious what you don't like about them. I mean yeah they're pretty expensive for a sweatshirt and the 2 pockets vs one kangaroo pocket thing kind of bugs me but not they're what I expected.

fabric is as thin as cardboard, no weight to it. for 260 a pop it should at least feel as substantial as a reverse weave imho

i have a wallace and barnes indigo dyed sweatshirt built like a tank and was 1/4 the price

dukarelli

Reaction score
question for the experts here. how do you all launder your cotton shawl cardis? i had dry cleaned them in the past but i feel like they’ve gotten a bit droopy just from the weight of the fabric and layering/general wear. also one tag says dry clean and others say gentle cycle and dry flat. would a low temp dryer be out of the question? i usually air dry all my rrl stuff to prevent shrinkage.
E2EAA307-B484-410D-AD72-D98E821AB6FB.jpeg

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
I guess these are fake? Or have RRL ever used paper patches instead or leather in the back waist?

462949249_a544de5e-7952-4dbf-9ee8-cbe2c66fe048.jpg
462949249_54001c67-1c1f-4e56-9288-8f2271ebb0cb.jpg
462949249_b235c929-efe9-4d42-83e2-dbe68624cf72.jpg
462949249_f5528f34-4d82-425c-836e-0e8088463347.jpg

dukarelli

Reaction score
for nonselvedge, zip-fly denim rrl uses paper patches. these are all imported. sometimes with american denim but made in mexico. i own several pairs in the slim narrow fit and am quite happy with them. the pair you posted seem to fall in line with their other nonselvedge offerings

dukarelli

Reaction score
I guess these are fake? Or have RRL ever used paper patches instead or leather in the back waist?

View attachment 1736872 View attachment 1736874 View attachment 1736875 View attachment 1736876
for nonselvedge, zip-fly denim rrl uses paper patches. these are all imported. sometimes with american denim but made in mexico. i own several pairs in the slim narrow fit and am quite happy with them. the pair you posted seem to fall in line with their other nonselvedge offerings

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have never tried slim narrow, they're quite slim right, like waist 30 would be 6.5in leg opening?

DoctorDisco

Reaction score

Well thank you very much sir. Have a great weekend.

Serad

Reaction score
I have never tried slim narrow, they're quite slim right, like waist 30 would be 6.5in leg opening?

slim narrow is the slimmest fit, I believe top block is equal to the slim fit but the taper from the knee down is more aggressive. I wear 30 as well can take measurement if you like. Should also have some fit pics wearing them.

dukarelli

Reaction score
i think they have a slightly higher rise than slim fits but with a stronger taper from the knee down. i wear a 36 and i think the leg is about 7.5". low straight and slim fits are good for boots and i find slim narrows to work well with sneakers.
sorry for the double post above.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
slim narrow is the slimmest fit, I believe top block is equal to the slim fit but the taper from the knee down is more aggressive. I wear 30 as well can take measurement if you like. Should also have some fit pics wearing them.

I'm true waist 30, take low straight in 28 and 30 in slim because even if I could get slim to fit in 28 it's ball busting tight everywhere...

if you have leg opening for slim narrow it would be great if you can post that, though from the sound of it I doubt I would want slim narrow (too slim for me)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
question for the experts here. how do you all launder your cotton shawl cardis? i had dry cleaned them in the past but i feel like they’ve gotten a bit droopy just from the weight of the fabric and layering/general wear. also one tag says dry clean and others say gentle cycle and dry flat. would a low temp dryer be out of the question? i usually air dry all my rrl stuff to prevent shrinkage. View attachment 1736851
I hand wash or gentle cycle with woolite. Even the ones that say dry clean. Then air dry them flat using a sweater rack.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
question for the experts here. how do you all launder your cotton shawl cardis? i had dry cleaned them in the past but i feel like they’ve gotten a bit droopy just from the weight of the fabric and layering/general wear. also one tag says dry clean and others say gentle cycle and dry flat. would a low temp dryer be out of the question? i usually air dry all my rrl stuff to prevent shrinkage. View attachment 1736851
I would do gentle cycle with cold water and no detergent (or Woolite or the Laundress sweater soap). I've done this. I'd recommend putting inside a Dryel bag or other sweater washer bag for the wash cycle. Then air dry just laying flat on a towel. If that doesn't tighten them up a bit, wash again dry on low also inside the Dryel bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads