• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
?? Life changer.

02F72456-AF01-4DCE-9AF1-F46B5617F013.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
absolutely loving that smiths everest. gonna try to trade my hamilton field khaki to get one

i dont think ill ever be at a point in my life where id wanna wear a 15k watch tbh

i dont even feel right wearing a 4k one, feels like im doing something wrong

TBH, my 1stPattern Timex keeps better time than my Rolex sub. I had the Timex in a drawer for a year and a half and it hadn't lost a minute.

I traded a vintage Gretsch 6119 guitar in 1996 for my Sub which was 2 years old. They were both worth about $1,300 at the time. The guitar is worth about $4,500 today. What's crazy is how much Subs, GMT's etc. have all gone up since January 2020. That's really nuts.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont get watches

I have an apple watch to track workouts but thats about it

Is it a status thing? I'm married but if I wasn'y dropping $10k-$20k to up my datability with hotties would be a worthy investment.
It's status, design, utility and investment. A rolex will last forever and hold or increase in value when you're ready to sell it.

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I dont get watches

Is it a status thing? I'm married but if I wasn'y dropping $10k-$20k to up my datability with hotties would be a worthy investment.

It is about different tastes I’m sure. Subjectively speaking, we all have questionable judgment. We likely prefer questioning the choices of others over the consequences of self-examination…

pvoytko

Reaction score
i wanted the 36 explorer for 6.5 originally but the dealer said it could be a 2 year wait

im good lol

walked out with a used tudor gmt for under 4

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont get watches

people would say the same for RRL? they have walmart or costco clothing that works just as fine for them.

Leiker

Reaction score
Anyone own this? Trying to decide on L vs. XL. I'm 6'1, 185, size 42 chest. It's similar to this from the RRL site. I wasn't able to capture an image from the End Clothing website.

View attachment 1708584
Received this and quite happy with the quality and fit. Good service from End Clothing as well.

ToeBugShuffle

Reaction score
absolutely loving that smiths everest. gonna try to trade my hamilton field khaki to get one

i dont think ill ever be at a point in my life where id wanna wear a 15k watch tbh

i dont even feel right wearing a 4k one, feels like im doing something wrong

I nearly got the field khaki! Definitely trade it if you can find one though, since getting my everest I've looked at the hamilton in stores and much prefer the smiths overall

ToeBugShuffle

Reaction score
Turning the conversation back to RRL slightly, I picked up the red plaid and twill striped western shirts last week. Incredibly happy with both, the twill shirt has an amazing texture to it and feels hefty as hell

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's status, design, utility and investment. A rolex will last forever and hold or increase in value when you're ready to sell it.

I think a Rolex HAS held or increased in value, but the fact that they will continue to do so is uncertain I'd think, since it would depend on demand. My impression is that most millenials and zoomers really don't give a **** about timepieces and prefer smart watches more than anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads