• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Ode to joy - Fall 2020 drop…
963FAE4E-C4FB-489F-A417-47A63882D853.jpeg

bobbo28

Reaction score
Rookie question so I'm ready for any heat I get...so majority of my RRL pants are slim fit. Well now that I have massive thighs, should I just suck it up and go up a waist and stick with slim fit? Or how does low straight, straight, vintage compare to slim fit. Recent data preferred but I'm all ears

You, of all people, are not a rookie!

For reference I am 5'10" 155lbs and like you, my closet is littered with RRL. Shirts, shorts, trunks, bags, blankets, jeans, pants, and too many jackets. I have several different cuts of denim but prefer the low straight. I take them directly to my tailor who makes the adjustments I require and they are always a perfect, custom fit. I think slim and 'skinny' fit should not be worn on men past age 35 but that's just my biased opinion ??‍♂️

tweedlover

Reaction score
You, of all people, are not a rookie!

For reference I am 5'10" 155lbs and like you, my closet is littered with RRL. Shirts, shorts, trunks, bags, blankets, jeans, pants, and too many jackets. I have several different cuts of denim but prefer the low straight. I take them directly to my tailor who makes the adjustments I require and they are always a perfect, custom fit. I think slim and 'skinny' fit should not be worn on men past age 35 but that's just my biased opinion ??‍♂️
Would agree about "aging out" of slim and skinny fit. I'm waaay past 35.:-D Even when young, though, was not fond of low-rise. Generally speaking I think fashion if uncomfortable to wear is rather worthless.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might have found my perfect cut (is it sad I forget I have this pair ? ) but I've yet to see another straight taper pair. Anyway, fit for trivia night. Trying to win my dinner so I have money to buy more RRL...

20211027_191115.jpg
20211027_192116.jpg
20211027_192140.jpg

jmiller123

Reaction score
Might have found my perfect cut (is it sad I forget I have this pair ? ) but I've yet to see another straight taper pair. Anyway, fit for trivia night. Trying to win my dinner so I have money to buy more RRL...

View attachment 1693375 View attachment 1693376 View attachment 1693378
While these aren't RRL, if you're looking for more jeans with this kind of fit-I have a pair of TWC relaxed fit denim that really is more of a straight taper with a higher rise.
007-6_1400x.jpg

These are mine in size 30 that have about a 7.5" opening. If you're interested I would email them and double check the measurements because I didn't find them accurate. Great quality denim though and worth it for sure with the sale price.

IMG_6986.jpg

pvoytko

Reaction score
bro why can't they make that grizzly longer for us tall dudes so it doesnt look like im rockin baby gap

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Grizzlies, are the RRL ones from the Japanese sellers legit?

Indigo P

Reaction score
I stopped in one of the RRL stores yesterday and here are a few take aways to take note;

- The Fall 2021 catalog is now available in stores
- The Fall 1 sale isn’t likely to happen till around Thanksgiving
- I was told that there hasn’t been any decision yet about the spend over $1,000 and get $500 off sale
- A lot of the Fall/Winter items on the website are not physically in the stores yet (however not everything is on the floor so it’s also kind of hard to tell)
- These 3 pieces might be somewhat under appreciated based solely on just the website photos but are extremely nice and should not be overlooked IMHO;

(edited)

I bought a pair of these today from the London Newburgh Street Store. These in real life are totally different from the photos, and much better. The wash / worn look is barely visible really, there are no buttons the waist for braces, and the profile on the back is straight ( no v shape in the centre ). Still has the buckle back and tool pocket. Fits slimmer than I expected and certainly worth checking out as a highlight trouser of the season. Will upload pictures to show ( and yes I did double check to see if it was the same item - it is - but a huge difference from the product shots) other highlights are the striped fleece, which is stunning and the Indigo wool shawl cardigan.

alex99

Reaction score
PSA. Stag Provisions has a denim sale with 20% off through Sunday that includes RRL

Thanks for this. Just make sure to compare prices to RRL website. I noticed they raised the price from 249.00 to 299.00 on the brown wash slim fit jeans. Sneaky!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads