• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you get that from no man walks alone? With an email signup it’s $350. Seems reasonable

Yes. I have two Kanata’s I bought from NMWA. They aren’t the most refined or soft and fluffy knits, but I wear them a lot in the fall as a substitute for outerwear.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they scratchy?

I will say yes. I don’t wear them without a long sleeve shirt underneath. But they are not so scratchy that they irritate the skin they touch. They are less scratchy than a typical lambswool shetland sweater, but more scratchy than a refined merino or cashmere sweater.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I stopped in one of the RRL stores yesterday and here are a few take aways to take note;

- The Fall 2021 catalog is now available in stores
- The Fall 1 sale isn’t likely to happen till around Thanksgiving
- I was told that there hasn’t been any decision yet about the spend over $1,000 and get $500 off sale
- A lot of the Fall/Winter items on the website are not physically in the stores yet (however not everything is on the floor so it’s also kind of hard to tell)
- These 3 pieces might be somewhat under appreciated based solely on just the website photos but are extremely nice and should not be overlooked IMHO;

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Anyone know what is going on with the chinos? There used to be chinos, and officer fit chinos and the cut was slightly different as was the detail at the pockets. Seems like there are just chinos now?

heebalabala

Reaction score
This is a first. Pocket entry of USA-made slims fits. Found the rivet rattling around in my washing machine.

IMG_9856.jpeg

heebalabala

Reaction score
Anyone know what is going on with the chinos? There used to be chinos, and officer fit chinos and the cut was slightly different as was the detail at the pockets. Seems like there are just chinos now?
It may just be the way they're labeled on RL.com.

If you enlarge the photo on these chinos, for example, the product tag still specifies "Officer's Chinos." They have front pocket stitching detail and two rear flap pockets.

Then these chinos, a straight fit that don't have front pocket stitching detail or rear flap pockets, are tagged as "Field Fit" or Field Chinos.

Then there are these slim chinos, which don't have the front pocket stitching detail but have one flap pocket. I've seen these tagged as Utility Chinos.

Last edited:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
It may just be the way they're labeled on RL.com.

If you enlarge the photo on these chinos, for example, the product tag still specifies "Officer's Chinos." They have front pocket stitching detail and two rear flap pockets.

Then these chinos, a straight fit that don't have front pocket stitching detail or rear flap pockets, are tagged as "Field Fit" or Field Chinos.

Then there are these slim chinos, which don't have the front pocket stitching detail but have one flap pocket. I've seen these tagged as Utility Chinos.
Thanks. Excellent powers of observation.
I will have to do better with zooming. I was really hoping for some heavier weight officers chino in the slim fit khaki, and RRL can add the red selvedge as well since this is clearly just a fantasy at present…

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Thanks. Excellent powers of observation.
I will have to do better with zooming. I was really hoping for some heavier weight officers chino in the slim fit khaki, and RRL can add the red selvedge as well since this is clearly just a fantasy at present…

I used to own a heavy weight selvedge pair of their officer chinos and was soooo nice. I lost it during a move somehow :( it truly was something special and should return as a core item. Would purchase in a heartbeat. I think this was a limited edition pair from 2012? So almost a decade old. Aged nicely too.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I used to own a heavy weight selvedge pair of their officer chinos and was soooo nice. I lost it during a move somehow :( it truly was something special and should return as a core item. Would purchase in a heartbeat. I think this was a limited edition pair from 2012? So almost a decade old. Aged nicely too.
I am pretty sure I know the pair. I have them basically new dead stock as for some reason they just seemed too nice to wear, and I always reached for my redline selvedge chinos instead. I will post some pics later and you can weigh in on whether or not they are one and the same.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Recently discovered this brand called Indi+Ash that I think could slot in nicely with the RRL aesthetic. It all seems unisex and small batch but the prices seem very reasonable

A few favorites:
View attachment 1688333
Study Blazer

View attachment 1688335
Andes Cardigan

View attachment 1688337
Ames Overshirt
Thanks, that’s an excellent find and I agree. Just about a year ago I mentioned here on the forum an awesome clothing boutique in Williamsburg Brooklyn called Kai D Utility that I also think fits in well with RRL. Kai D Utility carries the Indi Brand (as well as a highly curated selections of other independent men’s lines).

For example, here’s a pair of Isacc pant by Indi that Kai currently offers ….. at the exact same price.

BTW ….. on more than one occasion Kai has asked me; ”Hey, that’s a real nice shirt (or jacket) you have on, where’d you get that?” ….. *** cough cough *** ….. “Why it’s an Double RL”

Last edited:

jmiller123

Reaction score
Thanks, that’s an excellent find and I agree. Just about a year ago I mentioned here on the forum an awesome clothing boutique in Williamsburg Brooklyn called Kai D Utility that I also think fits in well with RRL. Kai D Utility carries the Indi Brand (as well as a highly curated selections of other independent men’s lines).

For example, here’s a pair of Isacc pant by Indi that Kai currently offers ….. at the exact same price.

BTW ….. on more than one occasion Kai has asked me; ”Hey, that’s a real nice shirt (or jacket) you have on, where’d you get that?” ….. *** cough cough *** ….. “Why it’s an Double RL”
I haven't yet bought anything from Kai D but I have browsed their site and I like a lot of what I see. I'm hoping to make it up to NYC before the end of the year and if so I'll have to go check it out! I do really appreciate a well curated store that has a cohesive vision, which I feel is increasingly rare now-a-days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads