• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a few Todd Snyder x LL Bean pieces (a couple shirts, a sweater, and a fleece) last year and was really happy with them. They were my first purchases from TS and the sizing ran more towards LL Bean than what I would have expected from Todd Snyder, where I figured everything would run slim.

If anybody recalls the LL Bean Signature stuff from about a decade ago, the fit was similar to that.

One piece of advice: Most of the stuff in the collection last time around went really fast on the TS site but it was also available on the LL Bean site and seemed to hang around there a bit longer. I don't think LL Bean really promoted the line.

I got this blue fleece last year and wore the hell out of it. I've been eyeing it in my closet for the past week and almost put it on this morning but it's just not cold enough here in the mornings yet to justify breaking it out:

BEAN_22_c44b7129-fc47-4d44-aba9-313f1aacb11d_1600x.jpg

bwfilms

Reaction score
Got some more summer items.

I already have the faded red shoes from a couple of seasons back (looks exactly like the new Faded Red New Norfolk Canvas Sneaker for this season), and I wear them often. They're very comfortable, and the faded canvas looks especially nice for summer. The Faded Sage New Norfolk Canvas Sneaker gives a bit more variety.

The Red Twill Drawstring Short fits just like the Plaid Twill Drawstring Short, but the fabric on the plaid (cotton and nylon) is much nicer than the red (100% nylon). The plaid fabric is thicker and drapes better. The red fabric is thinner and curls around the waist and leg openings. The plaid is $100 more ($50 when on sale), but I think difference in price is warranted.

The 100% cotton T-shirts are quite nice. I own a few RRL cotton/polyester T-shirts, and I prefer the fit of these plain cotton T-shirts. The tubular construction is slimmer, and the arms are shorter than the cotton/polyester ones. The fit shows off one's physique better IMO. The arm openings are still a tad big for my taste but overall the fit is great.

IMG_0093.jpg

bwfilms

Reaction score
very good quality. standard fit unless they say slim.

Thanks, sounds good. I've looking at other brands for stuff RRL doesn't usually make (e.g. Riviera-style). For RRL tops, I wear XS or S (for sure if it's slim). The Todd Snyder chart (I've seen it once and now for the life of me can't find it) lists dimensions that are really very small - smaller than RRL it seems.

juniorsample

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds good. I've looking at other brands for stuff RRL doesn't usually make (e.g. Riviera-style). For RRL tops, I wear XS or S (for sure if it's slim). The Todd Snyder chart (I've seen it once and now for the life of me can't find it) lists dimensions that are really very small - smaller than RRL it seems.
Well, I bought one of their sort of '50's looking short sleeve shirts a few months ago. I'm a Medium and the Medium fits perfectly. AND I'm not a super slim Medium. Great style, workmanship, true, big Mother-of-Pearl buttons, etc.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
For folks living in the Northeast, October 1st-3rd is the 2021 The Race of Gentlemen (TROG). It’s a 3 day vintage hot rod and motorcycle racing event held each year in Wildwood NJ ….. hot rods and vintage Harleys ….. so has there ever been a better reason to “take that ride, across the river to the Jersey side”?
RRL has always had aspirations of being the hallmark men’s vintage Americana lifestyle brand (Southwest blankets, rugs, camp plates with gold embossed RRL logos, overstuffed leather lounge chairs [BTW still not in stores yet], etc) and this here event my friends is maybe one of the ultimate testosterone-fueled-vintage-lifestyle events in the great old USA.
Rules:
- Vintage cars made 1934 or earlier (4 cylinder and V8 flathead)
- Vintage motorcycles made 1947 or earlier (hand tank “suicide” shift) ….. and everything must be American made only.
This could very well be your best chance to cosplay a 1930’s Indian Motorcycle racer out on the sandy dunes or perhaps you’ve always wanted to stage your very own Dikayl Rimmasch inspired RRL vintage auto photo shoot. Well here you go.

Or get a jump on the NEW RRL Spring 2022 line.

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Last edited:

heebalabala

Reaction score
Does anyone have this herringbone short (or the navy herringbone field short)? My regular size is OOS so I ordered one size down and one size up. The smaller size fits slightly on the fitted side with some pressure points. I'm wondering if it will stretch out a bit with wear. Thanks.

s7-1412554_lifestyle

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-shorts/herringbone-short/0044309250.html?pdpR=y
I have the navy herringbone. True waist is 33, ordered a size 32. After a wearing the waist measures 34. Sizing down is the way to go in my experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads