• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ToeBugShuffle

Reaction score
This is a core shirt and is restocked every season. In denim in comes in two washes - Rinse and something called Dark Wash, which is worn down and aged slightly. It is also available in a light weight chambray again - which they had stopped for a few seasons. Restock should start happening now or very soon - officially new core starts dropping from Mid June with concepts from July.

That's cool, thanks!

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any more thoughts or impressions on the polka workshirt? Can it be dressed up or should it stay more casual?
I like RRL "dress shirts" as for me the length is perfect for not tucking or tucking. I like the subtle pattern as well so once again for me it can fit either role of dressed up under a jacket or casual on its own

Randelpink

Reaction score
Has anybody seen in the past items that do go on sale that weren’t in the flyer? Was hoping to see more tailored shop items... poppa needs a new suit!

heebalabala

Reaction score
Spring markdowns start next Thursday the 24th. Contact your sales associate to have them reserve your items now. ?
As always, thanks for sharing the sale flyer. While I'm disappointed that racing Intarsia-Knit Shawl Cardigan isn't included in this round of markdowns, I've got a healthy list of other things I'm interested in. This has been a really solid season.

Alebwalk

Reaction score
I have been loving the RRL jacket on Canoe Club right now! You can get an additional 15% off by using the code FASHIONCOLLECTIVE15 on your next order!

Attachments

• FFD6380E-3052-4CC6-870D-03DE2F434FBC.jpeg
    FFD6380E-3052-4CC6-870D-03DE2F434FBC.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 109

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents - any ideas for a suit? I lost weight due to a change in diet for health reasons. The last 2x I wore a suit was at funerals, so while I like good quality and looking sharp I'm not interested in spending a ton on one. Your counsel is appreciated!

glimmertwins

Reaction score
It may not be a popular opinion but I’ve bought a few cheap suits from suit supply for those handful of times I needed one and it was fine for what it was. I wouldn’t say there is anything particularly special about them except that they tend to offer more contemporary styles than others in their price point but I also don’t wear suits often so maybe there are better places out there for that for those “in the know”.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents - any ideas for a suit? I lost weight due to a change in diet for health reasons. The last 2x I wore a suit was at funerals, so while I like good quality and looking sharp I'm not interested in spending a ton on one. Your counsel is appreciated!
PRL makes a good suit, and if you know your size, you can generally find them unworn with tags on eBay for a lot less than retail.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The PRL you knew (think 10 years ago) is a lot different than PRL these days though. The old PRL in my mind would be say like Polo II or even Garrison as the last of the old while the new one is a lot more “contemporary” (slimmer lapel, slimmer all around, slightly shorter jacket).

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jhcam8 another option is to look at suits on yoox, returns is like $7 for a refund (store credit is free) but if you use PayPal you can get them to reimburse return shipping.

They have some Lardini (mid tier Italian brand that makes suits for D&G, Boglioli, etc.) for under $300 which IME is much better than suit supply. The jackets are cut slim so I needed to size up though so the pants are a little big in the waist but a belt does the job.

If you look at the CM side here you can see their list of suit tiers and can probably find other mid tier brands for cheap on Yoox too.

Last edited:

fwedo

Reaction score
This is a medium heavy shirt from winter 20/21 (and the olive moleskine officer pants from the same collection).
To me, the shirt is not as long as it should be, but i suppose it could be worst...Especially when i see more and more very short shirts from RRL. Don't know why they go with this cut now...

tempImagemqOfyD.png

Randelpink

Reaction score
To me, the shirt is not as long as it should be, but i suppose it could be worst...Especially when i see more and more very short shirts from RRL. Don't know why they go with this cut now...

Curious if you could elaborate on why? To me it looks fine, and I even prefer a shorter cut if I’m wearing it untucked. I have a few jackets/sweaters that hit the waist and I personally avoid wearing shirts that hang out excessively long. I will grab longer length jackets/sweaters when wearing bigger cut shirts, but personally don’t like the oversized look in general.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a medium heavy shirt from winter 20/21 (and the olive moleskine officer pants from the same collection).

View attachment 1629277
To me I love that length

heebalabala

Reaction score

View attachment 1629277
Have to say I agree with @Randelpink and @SLCRich -- the length looks great for an untucked overshirt. I know you asked about the length a few weeks back when you were considering buying -- hope we didn't steer you wrong. There have been some recent workshirts and jackets that trended much shorter but I didn't feel this was one of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads