• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
A company called Hint Bay Brook (HBB) posted a wider angle image of the new 2021 Fall/Winter show room.

Compare that image to the official Double RL IG account image of the same room posted back in January.

Two things I find interesting; one, I’m feeling the really nice brown repaired corduroy pants. Hope those actually make it to the shops (and aren’t just an “inspiration”). LVC did a similar pair of repaired cords a few years ago (part of the Old West collection) that I had tried on at the Levis store on 414 W 14th NYC Meatpacking district (it carries the entire LVC line) when the cords were on sale for only like $110 but I took a pass on them. I thought the stitching and patching was a bit too heavy handed (at that time) but I have regretted it ever since. Maybe you remember them.

The other thing I noticed is that various vendors now seem to be predating (or tipping off) RL company marketing moves. For example, here HBB is a giving preorder previews of the 2021 Fall/Winter line on June 19th-28th ….. but Ralph himself hasn‘t yet offered the new collection to consumers. I have also noticed that vendors like (Canoe Club, Stag Provisions, Snake Oil Provisions, etc) almost always do a 20-30% markdown just a couple of weeks before RRL does their own UP TO 40% markdown. You know when the RRL sale is about to start because first, the new season line is being dropped ….. and second, the vendors have started their markdowns. Just an observation

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know an SA at the East Hampton RRL I can get in touch with?

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Does anyone know an SA at the East Hampton RRL I can get in touch with?

I always deal with Monica out in the Hamptons. Monica is really great. The shop will likely be pretty busy right now on a rainy day like today.

BTW, part of the ….. Dave (W’Bway manager move over to ALD), Perry (B’klyn manager move to W’Bway mgr), Quinn (Hampton manager move to B’Klyn mgr) merry-go-round last year was also the last missing puzzle piece …… Jess move from the West Coast to East Hampton manager.

Last edited:

ac106

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the RRL boondockers? They are MiUSA per the RL website.

Attachments

• 5AB45E17-8932-4E55-92A3-2D38FF835106.jpeg
    5AB45E17-8932-4E55-92A3-2D38FF835106.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 61

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the RRL boondockers? They are MiUSA per the RL website.
Post the number pix from the inside and maybe I, or someone else, can decipher.

ac106

Reaction score

Attachments

• CCFC9E98-61C8-421A-A4F9-6D2637BA83C7.jpeg
    CCFC9E98-61C8-421A-A4F9-6D2637BA83C7.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 5FA49DE6-03E8-4D83-A7FE-E0B5CF44F146.jpeg
    5FA49DE6-03E8-4D83-A7FE-E0B5CF44F146.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 78

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
change to a normal chino would solve 80% of the problem (not a slim one but not patch all over one either)

Probably that and deleting the mid-calf cuffs on the pants might do wonders also. And does the one guy have a pocket watch chain going on there? I agree with the other poster above, this is just wayyyy too cosplay to work on its own. Seeing all three together like that is even worse, like they all referred to the same archival photo. Well except for the cuff height. Pretty sure those are a modern affectation to show off those ahem, workboots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads