• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the Surplus Cargos pants do the drawstrings make them unhemmable?

No, if you ask the tailor to keep the original hem it should be fine. Or if you're doing it yourself you can watch this video:

I didn't realize that's how they did it, I need to take up sewing

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe that's known as a euro hem. I'd always written it off but had never considered it for pants with drawstrings. That's a good idea. Now the hard work of cajoling my wife to hem my cargoes.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
IMG_2486.JPG

I always stop and stare at this liquor store window advertisement near my house for Banhez Mezcal Artesanal. Don’t know who any of these gentlemen are or if they are maybe co-op owners from the 36 families down in the village of San Miguel Ejutla in Oaxaca Mexico. But I think these guys totally exude an effortless Double RL style. Salud!

Marcus1999

Reaction score
Pestering with RL-research on here for a little while longer. Not sure how active this thread still is, if anyone is still following it however, it'd be great to hear any responses or feelings towards RL as a brand, can be positive or not so much. In both cases it'd be interesting to hear why you view the brand a certain way, and if you are a RL-consumer, how did you first encounter the brand?
As always, much appriciated.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some detour on W&B in case jcrew go on sale again, do these fit TTS or vanity sized, I have one W&B jeans that was vanity sized by 1 (i.e. I was true waist 30 but bought 29), but I also remember trying W&B in the past where things were TTS

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1609266
I always stop and stare at this liquor store window advertisement near my house for Banhez Mezcal Artesanal. Don’t know who any of these gentlemen are or if they are maybe co-op owners from the 36 families down in the village of San Miguel Ejutla in Oaxaca Mexico. But I think these guys totally exude an effortless Double RL style. Salud!
Lmao the true inspiration for double RL S/S 21

heebalabala

Reaction score
some detour on W&B in case jcrew go on sale again, do these fit TTS or vanity sized, I have one W&B jeans that was vanity sized by 1 (i.e. I was true waist 30 but bought 29), but I also remember trying W&B in the past where things were TTS

Vanity-sized -- I sized down one from my true waist so use your usual W&B strategy.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would say vanity-sized by one size at least. I bought these in a 32 and could have done a 31 easily. All RRL chinos and denim I have are 32 by frame of reference

bwfilms

Reaction score
I wanted a natural/cream color pant for spring/summer, so I bought and just received the Twill Pant. As advertised, the cut is trim, the material is soft, and IMO the color is very nice (slightly darker than the official picture but not as dark as my picture suggests). ?

1621273853305.png

oceansaway

Reaction score
I wanted a natural/cream color pant for spring/summer, so I bought and just received the Twill Pant. As advertised, the cut is trim, the material is soft, and IMO the color is very nice (slightly darker than the official picture but not as dark as my picture suggests). ?

View attachment 1611247
Do these feel more like a chino, or more like denim? And are they lightweight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads