• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL Coral linen/cotton shirt, RRL grey selvedge, RRL suede plainview chelsea. And my favorite non leather jacket at the moment, IH indigo corduroy

20210502_163616.jpg
20210502_163628.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Wallace & Barnes fans, JCrew has a garment-dyed twill workshirt in desert clay color on sale (from $118) for $32.99, but with code "saleonsale" the price drops to $16.50 - medium, large and x-large sizes still available.

Thanks for the heads up! I love orange and I've been pretty happy with my Wallace & Barnes purchases so this was a no brainer!

bwfilms

Reaction score
View attachment 1598844
Kinda want the hobo sweater too.

The Distressed Cotton-Silk Cardigan finally showed up on the US site. I really like the distresses and the random holes throughout the sweater.

A question for those who have repaired sweaters. Are there fabric patches behind the distressed areas? Or are the back of the distressed areas basically look like what we're seeing in the pictures? Also, I assume the distressed areas are thinner and denser/harder than the rest of the sweater, right?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love cowboy hats but they seem to work better for tall guys who don't have a watermelon for a skull.
A college bud owns a ranch in Montana. He's a 5th generation Montanan and is the kind of cowboy who also serves on various commissions having to do with the arts. But, I digress. I spend a fair amount of time (multiple visits per year) at his ranch. Here I am some years (more than 20) back ... but it's not RRL. I've got the 2nd photo in for my more usual look at that time.

Attachments

• !OHJsunedited (2).jpg
    !OHJsunedited (2).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 900x900px-LL-9912ce30_Scott_atHome.jpeg
    900x900px-LL-9912ce30_Scott_atHome.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

palladio211

Reaction score
Posted this in waywt yesterday guess I should post it here as well as thanks for the input on that coat too! Super glad I picked it up, with the promo combined at like 70% off.

uXeM7dx.jpg

You look great in that jacket, and the fit is right on. It's such an interesting design, you'll never see anyone else across the street in one. I've bought a few things from RRL that I thought might be a bit over the top, but when I wear them, they always get more compliments than any of the more mainstream designs. My bet is that you will wear it more often than you thought, and will get lots of compliments.....

Last edited:

bwfilms

Reaction score
Pics of the Boatneck. I'm looking forward to wear it many times as the catalog description says "Indigo will fade and crack over time".
View attachment 1596848
View attachment 1596849

It took a bit of time for the shawl-collar sweater to come (and I also forgot all about this post last week). Interestingly, while both were released in the same season, the shawl-collar material feels softer even though both are 100% cotton. The collar is more substantial than other non-RRL sweaters' I've owned. The sleeve cuffs on the boatneck are meant to be folded so they're long, while the shawl-collar's are normal in length.

1620246958600.png

1620246980244.png

glimmertwins

Reaction score
Anyone know when the next sale is happening for RRL? I’m tempted on a few things but ideally would like to grab them on sale - as they say, “happy wife, happy life”

Dstorm

Reaction score
Anyone know when the next sale is happening for RRL? I’m tempted on a few things but ideally would like to grab them on sale - as they say, “happy wife, happy life”
Haven’t heard but past years it’s been between May 20- June 1 as the start.

bwfilms

Reaction score
That's a tough one for me. I did miss out on the previous shirt, and I just bought this season's shirt. BTW, the first 2 pictures of the new one made it look like the fabric is different - almost velvety. But the 3rd picture where they show a close-up of the fabric suggests that it's the same material. I wonder what the fabric is like IRL. Well, I'll find out for sure in a few days.

And this season's shirt finally came. Last summer, I went crazy and bought way too many (for me anyway - though I think some here like @zippyh usually bought the whole store :)) summer shirts. Turned out, I like/love every single one. I'm relieved the fabric on this one is not velvety. The fabric is very nice and it's thicker/heavier than those other shirts' (except the thick Print Linen Camp Shirt). The indigo dye is deep. My picture is in full sun and you can see the deep blue color. IMO, it looks awesome by itself or with a white/light blue T-shirt underneath. The shawl-collar also makes this short-sleeve shirt a standout, and I've already forgotten about the previous season's shirt :D! Absolutely recommended.

1620318753870.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics