• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dstorm

Reaction score
I don't think you'll regret returning that. I dunno...it's cool looking, but mostly silly. Its a bunch of interesting RRL ideas piled together into one expensive garment.

If I found a place that I could actually wear that, all I would be doing is constantly thinking about how I am being seen this coat.
Thank you. I feel the same exact way. I’ll be returning it. It’s amazingly different.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize if someone else has already posted this.
*throws wallet at screen*

Screenshot_20210427-203230_Drive.jpg

Serad

Reaction score
I mean RRL collections are really just Village People starter packs (also half of the Village People are indigo dyed), and it's the same thing year after year anyhow. I don't really see how people can be surprised about what is or isn't in the collections. The only thing that changes maybe is the order in which each Village Person appears, and which half is indigo dyed (with true indigo, of course, that will develop a unique patina over time).

It looks like this year spring's collection is cowboy/indian, summer is clearly motor guy so that's gotta mean for fall/winter we're due to get workwear labourer man and for sure another GI Joe surplus drop. Another cowboy set because RRL.

1619613621041.png

I'm mostly a cowboy Village Person, which VP are you?

bwfilms

Reaction score
I apologize if someone else has already posted this.

Thanks for this. Questions for you or anyone else who might know. Are all upcoming summer items in here? I guess, the more general question is: do these catalogs list all items for the corresponding seasons?

thehaag

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Questions for you or anyone else who might know. Are all upcoming summer items in here? I guess, the more general question is: do these catalogs list all items for the corresponding seasons?
No, not everything. It's a decent chunk of what's coming but there's always more. You'll also see that there's plenty of current spring items not in this. Ranch cardigan, grizzly, LE denim, southwestern shirts are among a few I noticed.

aquila49

Reaction score
I mean RRL collections are really just Village People starter packs (also half of the Village People are indigo dyed), and it's the same thing year after year anyhow. I don't really see how people can be surprised about what is or isn't in the collections. The only thing that changes maybe is the order in which each Village Person appears, and which half is indigo dyed (with true indigo, of course, that will develop a unique patina over time).

It looks like this year spring's collection is cowboy/indian, summer is clearly motor guy so that's gotta mean for fall/winter we're due to get workwear labourer man and for sure another GI Joe surplus drop. Another cowboy set because RRL.

View attachment 1601029

I'm mostly a cowboy Village Person, which VP are you?

That's a tough one! Sort of a mashup of cowboy/military/apache/construction/motorcyclist. No policemen though.

Like it or not, Ralph Lauren is the ultimate "Americana" brand. Freed from the distinctions of class (supposedly), everything is reconstituted for consumption by a people who are constantly reinventing themselves. This is the genius of Ralph Lifshitz.

noretailplease

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I find this year’s tan suede shacket is like last year’s indigo suede shacket, boxy collar and all. The limited black suede is more like a shirt, which a less structured collar and a somewhat-slimmer fit.

small correction - the tan suede western is similar to the black one, not the blue distressed one ??

Lotuspath

Reaction score
That's a tough one! Sort of a mashup of cowboy/military/apache/construction/motorcyclist. No policemen though.

Like it or not, Ralph Lauren is the ultimate "Americana" brand. Freed from the distinctions of class (supposedly), everything is reconstituted for consumption by a people who are constantly reinventing themselves. This is the genius of Ralph Lifshitz.

“Americana” ..... how about a season of American Pilgrim wear?

..... or has Ralph done Colonial American men’s fashion yet

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics