• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bwfilms

Reaction score
Summer 2018 they had these cotton/linen patched pants.
s7-1284423_lifestyle.jpeg

Thank you. That's the one. I did look at the 2918 Summer catalog, but this picture threw me off. They look wider than the one you posted.

1619378284693.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got those repaired linen pants. They are in fact super wide.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Thing #1 ..... why is Ralph basically repeating items so close to the previous season’s release?

Summer 2019

Summer 2021

What happened to that “inspiration room” you keep tooting Ralph? Are we running on empty now??

Thing #2 ..... when will Ralph finally get rid of these shorts that have been sitting on the website since May 2020? For Pete’s sake, I’ve been scrolling right past these shorts for almost a year now.

Face it Ralph ..... no one wants ’em! The one size 28 guy living in Bismarck North Dakota has already taken a hard pass on them. So I’m begging you now ..... please ..... take them down already and move on ..... be gracious in defeat. You’re selling $4.2k luxury items ..... and it’s a bit unbecoming of your brand at this point.

Ben Lisi are you listening???

Last edited:

bwfilms

Reaction score
Thing #1 ..... why is Ralph basically repeating items so close to the previous season’s release?

Summer 2019

Summer 2021

What happened to that “inspiration room” you keep tooting Ralph? Are we running on empty now??

Thing #2 ..... when will Ralph finally get rid of these shorts that have been sitting on the website since May 2020? For Pete’s sake, I’ve been scrolling right past these shorts for almost a year now.

Face it Ralph ..... no one wants ’em! The one size 28 guy living in Bismarck North Dakota has already taken a hard pass on them. So I’m begging you now ..... please ..... take them down already and move on ..... be gracious in defeat. You’re selling $4.2k luxury items ..... and it’s a bit unbecoming of your brand at this point.

Ben Lisi are you listening???

That's a tough one for me. I did miss out on the previous shirt, and I just bought this season's shirt. BTW, the first 2 pictures of the new one made it look like the fabric is different - almost velvety. But the 3rd picture where they show a close-up of the fabric suggests that it's the same material. I wonder what the fabric is like IRL. Well, I'll find out for sure in a few days.

bwfilms

Reaction score
That's a tough one for me. I did miss out on the previous shirt, and I just bought this season's shirt. BTW, the first 2 pictures of the new one made it look like the fabric is different - almost velvety. But the 3rd picture where they show a close-up of the fabric suggests that it's the same material. I wonder what the fabric is like IRL. Well, I'll find out for sure in a few days.

On the same subject, the UK website has this Indigo Striped Jersey Overshirt.

1619386785673.png

The fabric looks similar, but not the same, to one of the Summer 2014 shirt's. I think the design of this Overshirt looks like the Koi shirt of last summer. I really like it. Too bad it's not on the US site yet so I couldn't order it with the promotion.

Lotuspath

Reaction score

Yeah well at this point I would probably pretty much ignore a whole mess of the pictures on the website and wait till I see it for myself. Just take a look a the detail images on the website for last season’s moleskin pants.

The first detail image is actually of the dark olive slim corduroys??? Then the second photo is of the moleskin pants ..... okay ..... but then it’s back to the slim cords for the next three pictures ..... before coming around full circle back to the moleskin pants for the final close up. What?

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What are the leg openings? I guess, in the picture you posted, they taper the legs.

About 23" at the top and 19" at the ankle so slightly tapered as compared to the normal field chinos.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
At this point I assume the inspiration room is to remind them “oh yeah we need to do one of those again, maybe with a logo on the back this time”, or “hear me out guys, but how about we do a sweater...in indigo”.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Once again, I put sale RRL items in my cart, got distracted by something else, and returned to the Ralph Lauren window to find they had sold out!

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dstorm

Reaction score
Did anyone add this to their collection? i have it but thinking of returning. Where would one wear this to?

Attachments

• 58ED1951-6B5D-44E2-9343-6B3E96DBEE09.jpeg
    58ED1951-6B5D-44E2-9343-6B3E96DBEE09.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 76

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads