• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the jacket black-black or dark gray? Also looks like a solid corduroy, is that so?
It's this one
I'm sure my lighting is distorting it. It's a very dark indigo and it's so nice in person

dukarelli

Reaction score
anyone have the olive waxed cotton liner jacket? what’s the weight and how does the color compare to website? had my eye on it for a while and just ordered it once the price dropped. thanks in advance

Lotuspath

Reaction score
anyone have the olive waxed cotton liner jacket? what’s the weight and how does the color compare to website? had my eye on it for a while and just ordered it once the price dropped. thanks in advance

I saw the olive waxed cotton liner jacket on a mannequin last Thusday at the RRL West Broadway store and had mistaken it for one of their many actual vintage garments. It’s pretty awesome. If I remember correctly, the color is a bit less intense than the online photo. The material is also softer than you might suspect based on the photo. I’m surprised there are still jackets available in every size on the RRL website and am hoping it will make it to the next markdown. I already have the olive green jungle cloth deck jacket from a couple of seasons back so I was not planning on falling in love with it but now I am totally smitten. The deck jacket looks somewhat similar (deck jacket has snaps) to the liner jacket (has a zipper) but the liner jacket is a bit fuller. I believe you will be very happy with your purchase.

1614037537292.jpeg

1614037816539.jpeg

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the olive waxed cotton liner jacket on a mannequin last Thusday at the RRL West Broadway store and had mistaken it for one of their many actual vintage garments. It’s pretty awesome. If I remember correctly, the color is a bit less intense than the online photo. The material is also softer than you might suspect based on the photo. I’m surprised there are still jackets available in every size on the RRL website and am hoping it will make it to the next markdown. I already have the olive green jungle cloth deck jacket from a couple of seasons back so I was not planning on falling in love with it but now I am totally smitten. The deck jacket looks somewhat similar (deck jacket has snaps) to the liner jacket (has a zipper) but the liner is a bit fuller. I believe you will very happy with your purchase.

View attachment 1560584

View attachment 1560590
The deck jacket is very nice

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Does RRL do additional markdowns from already marked down items?

Yes, Mr Pennypacker, RRL usually has two markdowns on most sale items (if they are not sold out on the first round). The first markdown now days is 30-40% off and the second is an additional 20-30% off.

BTW ..... there are items in the brick and mortar stores that are no longer on the website so they might become forgotten and fly under the radar.

What I would suggest, is to always get the style number on items you have an eye on for future reference, so later when the items are no longer on the website, you can still look for them in stores. You don’t want to be on the phone with a sales associate saying ..... “You know. The indigo-ish shirt with the buttons.” Not very helpful.

For example, here are a pair of double marked down repaired denim utility pants I picked up at West Broadway last week that were no longer on the website (originally $499 now $199). There’s a lot of other stuff still in stores that might have been forgotten about.

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
SA sent me a phone-order piece without the tags. Will this be an issue if I take it back to another RL store with just the cash register receipt from the SA's store?

Poor_Bear

Reaction score
Hi RRL people! Currently, I am interested in these two RRL suede bears from past season. Anyone who wants to sell one of these bears, please message to me. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• s7-1357485_alternate1.jpg
    s7-1357485_alternate1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 7a8393eff4c1eccfeecd9c85426df696.jpg
    7a8393eff4c1eccfeecd9c85426df696.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 44

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleepless nights agonizing over whether I should pull the trigger on the patchwork coat now, or wait for the next price drop :rolleyes:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does RRL do additional markdowns from already marked down items?

speaking from my observation and experience with RLPL, the most you’ll find online is 60%.
In store, however, some items will be marked down additionally though I’ve only seen it in store and I’m not sure at what point during the seasonal sale they go that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics