• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RamiJ

Reaction score
I have purchased a few pairs from them and had good luck. They seem to match the retail versions in every way. One pair I got was obvious a manufacture’s defect but they were called out as such and barely noticeable. Pretty safe to buy in my opinion.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Hello!

I think this is a stupid question but do the boutiques give out the RRL catalogs to anyone that asks? Do i have to purchase something etc?

That’s not a stupid question at all. The catalogues are free, all you need to do is ask and no you do not need to make a purchase. I’m not really sure what you mean by “boutique”. If you are referring to a small RRL section within a larger Ralph Lauren store, then I don’t know the answer to that ..... or if the boutiques even have RRL catalogues readily available or how quickly they might be handed out.
I can tell you that in NYC, the Williamsburg Brooklyn RRL store usually leaves free catalogues on the counter where you first enter the shop and you don’t even need to ask. The West B’Way RRL flagship store usually has catalogues on the side behind the counter and you do need to ask a sales associate for one.
However, for the real NYC luxury experience, then head uptown to the Upper East Side and the Ralph Lauren flagship store on Madison Avenue in the old Rhinelander Mansion. This is the big daddy of them all and is really something to see in and of itself if you happen to be in New York.

First the tuxedo clad doorman (literally wearing white gloves-thank you) greets you at the entrance as you carelessly wipe your feet on their one of a kind Persian rug. Don’t forget to flash a great big smile to all the charming salespeople at the Purple Label shop as you pass by, and also take a sniff of the huge bouquet of fresh flowers on the antique rotunda table beneath the crystal chandelier, before taking the mahogany elevators up to the third floor for the RRL shop.
“Of course a free catalogue is always available just for you Sir“ ..... but also please feel free to avail yourself to either an afternoon cocktail, coffee, sparkling water or perhaps my personal favorite ..... a spot of Earl Grey tea. The hot sterling silver pot of tea with fine China (and those fancy tiny sugar-cube tongs) is dumb waitered up to the third floor and soon one of the butlers (in classic ’butler attire‘-thank you) brings in your tea on a sterling silver tray. “Sir, shall that be one lump or two?”

“Thank you my good man, that will be all for now Jeeves.”

And why the hell not??? Don’t be shy, after all, you’re in Gotham City .... and it’s all free!

“No charge to you, Mr Torrance. Your money is no good here. Orders from the house..”

Hum a few lines of “I’m in a New York State of mind“ while reclining in one of the overstuffed leather chairs while you also enjoy your afternoon spot of tea and leisurely peruse through your new RRL catalogue. Now I ask you, how smashing is that?

1606364631729.jpeg

BTW, I also saw you on the B-S-T thread a couple of months ago asking about RRL mugs. Last year I bought a RRL rodeo mug at the mansion (after being told by other stores that they were all gone) and I happen to know that they also had (in one of the side drawers) several mugs from various other seasons. There were maybe five different mugs (at that time) ..... and all at the double markdown sale price. Shhhhh .... don’t tell anyone else on the forum or some eBay scalper might swoop in and deny the truly righteous true believers our access to souvenir coffee mugs.

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I bought a ltd ed pair from them last year. Tried communicating but it seems that their English is limited. As I recall, the jeans seemed ok. I have an idea that the Chinese vendors will run off some extras for the home market and supply resellers. So, the goods are sort of authentic but unauthorized, or something like that.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pre-dawn walk to sbux. Surprisingly they had a full crew working. RRL black leather car coat.
sbux-jacket.jpg

Bathrooms shots. No visible toilet but at least there's toilet paper in the background.
blackjacketbathroom.jpg
shirtbathroom.jpg

Tricker's
sbux-stows.jpg

stickshift

Reaction score

This is the most disappointing thing of my week. I missed out on the last sale too. Any ideas if we’re going to see an RRL sale this Friday?
Yeah I don’t get it either. It’s not like they don’t make the majority of their sales during the RRL markdowns anyway. Just mark them down!!!

aquila49

Reaction score

These folks have been around for a long time. They get a lot of RRL pieces that are samples or have minor defects. I've purchased a few items from them over the years and have never had any reason to complain.

McSp

Reaction score
Just posted on the Official RRL B-S-T thread a beautiful discharged printed indigo shirt with stripes and diamond pattern on sale.
For those who love printed shirts this is a real gem.

Glaire

Reaction score
Hello, everybody. I live in France and I am a user (compulsive?) Ralph Lauren products, especially from RRL. I have a small question: I found these very nice anime boots, but I can’t identify the product line, nor the year. Perhaps you can enlighten me?
Thank you

Attachments

• 23002216-589D-4F1C-AFA5-95D1CC4ABBBA.jpeg
    23002216-589D-4F1C-AFA5-95D1CC4ABBBA.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 99F830A2-B0FC-48C4-AD21-85DD4104DEAD.jpeg
    99F830A2-B0FC-48C4-AD21-85DD4104DEAD.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 28
  • F8B2987B-490A-434F-A61D-17D8D847D962.jpeg
    F8B2987B-490A-434F-A61D-17D8D847D962.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 50
  • ADFFC254-B404-4A6F-A13D-480BC6B17B13.jpeg
    ADFFC254-B404-4A6F-A13D-480BC6B17B13.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 54

cs54

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find this FW20 sweater (the black and white hand knit full zip) for a more, uh, gentle price? Seems like the low water mark was a couple week ago when it could be had from RRL stores for $1100 (after the $500 off), wish I had thought of it. All's I'm seeing now is $1320 (15% off from a couple stockists).

noretailplease

Reaction score
Stag has it for 20% off.

Anyone know where to find this FW20 sweater (the black and white hand knit full zip) for a more, uh, gentle price? Seems like the low water mark was a couple week ago when it could be had from RRL stores for $1100 (after the $500 off), wish I had thought of it. All's I'm seeing now is $1320 (15% off from a couple stockists).

noretailplease

Reaction score
Thanks. Think it’ll come down more as time goes on? Eg after the season, on eBay etc. I never know if they only make a few of these things and they are hard to find or if they are a little easier.
Never know - their numbers seem to be less as of late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads